unendorsed mods download history for non premium users

ghussak

hi!

I think modders are loosing with this.

First I thought you could make available to non premium users the list of unendorsed mods only (not the endorsed ones), so we could vote for them at least! then they vanish from the list. But a derived problem from this would be ppl would not endorse to have a list of all downloads :P

Instead of that we could receive an email, in the last day that the mod appears in the list of downloads from the last month, only if the mod was not endorsed, with a link to it, so we could at least look at our email to vote for them!

thx!

EDIT: I just thought, premium modders could have an option to allow their mods to always show in the list of non premium users, that could be interesting too :)

Edited by ghussak

This most likely isn't going to happen for two reasons; First, it'd wipe out some of the value of having a Premium account and secondly, the servers would suffer from a lot of lag if everyone had a constantly available download history.

but I explained that would have also a flaw,

and to receive a one time email about unendorsed,

also that premium modders could optionally allow non premium to have their mod in the list what could be attractive to more ppl become a premium user, I would also consider that, I dont want if I create a mod for it be difficult to ppl endorse later :(, and that is what happens today I miss endorsing a huge load of mods because it is too troublesome to find them all... this is one of the things that put me away ...

If you use NMM it will tell you whether or not you have endorsed a mod and you can endorse or un-endorse from within NMM as well.

The system was setup with usage of NMM in mind. If you choose to use a different mod manager that is your choice. You then, however, have to remember to endorse mods on your own. I think it is a fair exchange and works well.

This most likely isn't going to happen for two reasons; First, it'd wipe out some of the value of having a Premium account and secondly, the servers would suffer from a lot of lag if everyone had a constantly available download history.

but I explained that would have also a flaw,

and to receive a one time email about unendorsed,

also that premium modders could optionally allow non premium to have their mod in the list what could be attractive to more ppl become a premium user, I would also consider that, I dont want if I create a mod for it be difficult to ppl endorse later :(, and that is what happens today I miss endorsing a huge load of mods because it is too troublesome to find them all... this is one of the things that put me away ...

Go to your account settings on one of the sites, under "Global Preferences" you'll find "File rating reminder every", set that to whatever is best for you and you'll get reminders.

If you use NMM it will tell you whether or not you have endorsed a mod and you can endorse or un-endorse from within NMM as well.

The system was setup with usage of NMM in mind. If you choose to use a different mod manager that is your choice. You then, however, have to remember to endorse mods on your own. I think it is a fair exchange and works well.

I cant use NMM, I have too many mods, I tried using it because of such features but it does not work well, I cant make it work well and reliably :(, and I want to play, so I couldnt stand insist on making it work properly :( (I know it can be my system fault, anyway it doesnt work well here...)

I was forced to use wrye bash that works flawlessly and tracks down mods installed by hand!! (I just remember we can use wrye to open the site link to the mod!)... When NMM improves I will think on using both wrye and NMM, anyway the problem is: to use both is too time consuming.. having to use 2 managers takes a lot of time :(

NMM doesnt create a bashed patch too, dont know why, that is an important thing...

Go to your account settings on one of the sites, under "Global Preferences" you'll find "File rating reminder every", set that to whatever is best for you and you'll get reminders.

mmm... my guess is it is not working then?

I have mine set to 7 days... I never received an email (I checked spam box too),

I just found where notifications is (the green globe on top left),

there is no notification about unendorsed mods :(

only site updates, everything else is empty.. :(

• 3 weeks later...

oh :(

my email provider closed and I have not received email since 2010 on it...

:blink: :confused: :down: >:( :blink: :ohdear: :psyduck: :mad: :verymad: :yucky: :pinch: :sick: :wallbash: :facepalm: :wacko:

(my new email is similar to the old one and I didnt perceive everytime I went on settings page here...)

...now that I re-composed myself.. *gasp*...

ok, I updated my email; my guess is there is error messages on nexus saying all these notifications were not delivered, I wonder if they could be re-delivered to my now working email? would be cool :o, I wonder if they are stored somewhere else also that I can access here in the site?

EDIT: I have only checked email options for notifications on settings, nothing to the notification are of the site... are all the emails I could have received lost then?

Edited by ghussak