oblivion crash to desktop after a hour or 3 what shoul i do?

Wolf382

okay i definitely install it wrong secend time that was a big difference run a lot smother but i took a timer on my phone and my first time it lastet 38 min and then i tested again 16 min so weird yesterday day i played for long hour but now it wont last a hour even

its was a Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul dungen i think it was all fin after the Oblivion Stutter Remover got add

first time the crash 36 min was i started to swim in the water in imperial waterfront and crashed so i loaded in and got to swim all the way too Fanacasecul cleared that area and cleared the Fort Virtue so i walk south and crashed

Edited by Wolf382

That spot near Fort Vitue is a problem spot for me as well. Usually I don't have trouble going from Franacasecul towards Fort Virtue, but fairly often when going the other direction (so from the Dibella wayshrine towards Fort Virtue and then Fanacasecul) I'll crash just before getting to Fort Virtue. It's one of those spots I always make a save before I get to (and remember I don't use Better Cities or MOO with my current character).

The Waterfront District (and especially the tunnel that Better Cities adds) is another of those spots that has a bad reputation. I often see people talking about how they don't have a big problem with Better Cities except the Waterfront.

I have read some posts in Maskars Oblivion Overhaul mod comments about people having trouble in some of the dungeon extensions that MOO adds. Maskar usually asks for a save that has the crash to troubleshoot, but the save needs to be consistently crashing, not just sometimes crashing.

I use MOO, combined with WAC and at the moment I crash maybe every second day but it all depends where I am really as at some spots, I get constant crashes ad when I am done there, the game will get back to the stability it has before. Something at those spots causes problems for sure. If I open the inventory or maps to often, the game seems to dislike that as well, but it also seems to be related to where I am so I made looting and sorting spells so I do not need to open the inventory at all and it suits me fine as I love my new spells, which makes looting and sorting so much faster.

Before I used MOO, I tried to combine MMM and Better cities, which caused crashed save games. It could also be possible that you can't remove Better cities without starting a new game. As I got the problems immediately after I finished the starting dungeon, after I visited IC Market, I decided to flush everything and start all over and I did find MOO at that day as well. I do want to use Better cities as well, as it does looks very nice but I can't. I have been very selective with my modlist, adding stuff that I need + Qarls textures so be sure you do not try to use high quality textures that might drop the game to its knees.

Another thing that someone did find out is the original sounds can cause crashes as well and it is explained here, where you can DL the performance sounds. It is a long shot, but also an improvement anyway, no matter what.

Edited by Pellape

Wolf does have some sound replacer/enhancer type mods, and I was giving those a close look too. Let's see what Wolf has to report after yesterday's troubleshooting. If you are basing your troubleshooting on a single area in the game you are experiencing problems with (that is also a known trouble spot) you could easily throw the baby out with the bath water.

i still crash after i walk like 6 min east from Vindasel and i crash 30 min when i was gonna sell stuff in the market

i dont completely understand do you mean better city and Qarls Texture is the casing of the random crash? or dis crash spots

Edited by Wolf382

also if i decided that i don't want better city i need to install all over again is it that what you are saying?

its kinda tiresome to restart the game in ever 15 30 min it was okay if it was like last time with 1 to 3 hour be okay

A question for you Wolf ... remember back when we installed the list the first time and we were making backups of the Data folder before adding major things like Better Cities. Did you make backups this time as you were installing mods?