ibedge3d

• 3 weeks later...

try turning off half of your mods then launch skyrim if it works try the other half of the mods then when it crashes try half of that half until you get to a single mod the keep that mod disabled. i know this might take a while for you with so many mods but its worth it

Edited by haterslayer

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so here's the problem. My Skyrim game keeps crashing to back to my desktop BEFORE the game even starts. I can't even play the game. I think it might be because I have too many Mods, because when I uninstall all my mods and just play modless my game works.

Now I'm not a computer genius so I need all the help I can get, and be kind. Here is some info on my PC

My system:

• Intel® Core i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz
  • 3 GB RAM
  • GeForce GTX 560 Ti
  • Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
  • (Not sure if the model matters but it's a Vostro 3550

I have had problems with my Skyrim crashing before and deleting certain mods used to help. I recently re-downloaded my game, (going through the correct steps to re-download it properly). The Game was working fine with every Mod I had until I downloaded Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard. Now I did go back to check that my mods were compatible with those game add-ons so it shouldn't be a compatibility problem, but there might be a mod I missed. And I am still below the limit of Mods that can be used, currently at 131 Mods.

Mod Load Order:

Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
Dragonborn.esm
HearthFires.esm
ApachiiHairMales.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
Solstheim Climate Overhaul.esm
SPIKE.esm
FemaleWerewolf.esp
AllureWorksOnBothSexes.esp
VariousGuardReplacer.esp
Brynjolf Dialogue Fix.esp
NocGearREPLACER.esp
Alternate Clothing Names.esp
FalkFirebeard.esp
Unique BOOZE Bottles.esp
Unique Booze Bottles Alternate Names Version.esp
Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons v2.0.esp
Shadowmarks for Player Homes.esp
Brotherhood People.esp
Bards attend Classes.esp
DragonPriestMaskQuestMarkers.esp
BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
roadsidethief_simple_armor.esp
Jesters.esp
Jarls sit up straight.esp
Scottish Snow.esp
Shrine of Azura LOD Fix.esp
DoggyDoors.esp
RiftenBypass.esp
UlfricsClothesArmored.esp
WetandCold.esp
LeftHandRings.esp
LeftHandRings - Dawnguard.esp
VilkasLongHair.esp
Esmeralda.esp
NoSunDamage_SkyUI.esp
vampirenofallingdamage.esp
HirelingMarcurio.esp
HireableHousecarlHearth.esp
Eola - Normal eyes.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
Beards.esp
HousecarlWhiterun.esp
GDAttire.esp
Shout-tastic_no CD.esp
Craftable Triss armor.esp
DungeonQuestAwareness.esp
KRZ - Better Archmage Quarters.esp
Mannequin_Female_Vyctoria.esp
Etain the Shewolf.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
ClaytonsWhiterunEntranceFireFixv0.1.esp
Wandererarmor.esp
UthgerdMejorada.esp
ChildrenClothesClassed.esp
prettieraranea.esp
JulesRankPerks.esp
Onmund.esp
My Home Is Your Home.esp
vDynamicDifficulty.esp
smakit_house_markers.esp
DreamBurrowsRegalAssassin.esp
AMBSE_Combined.esp
Arnleif and Sons Trading Company Restocked.esp
Unique Unique.esp
talos.esp
Change Follower Outfits Redux.esp
Change Follower Outfits Redux -- Dawnguard.esp
Change Follower Outfits Redux -- Hearthfire.esp
Change Follower Outfits Redux -- Dragonborn.esp
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp
UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp
weightless item sorting hearthfire.esp
MorrowindImports.esp
KhajiitChildren.esp
scaredchildren.esp
My_Little_hatchling.esp
Predator Vision.esp
HearthfireManorTavernMusic.esp
Vampire's Underwater suffocation FIX 1.2.esp
Point The Way.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
KTABladeOfWoe.esp
WATER.esp
WATER Plants.esp
WATER DB Waves.esp
db-nightshade-replacer.esp
nightshade_armor.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
mjhCulturalDiversity - Khajiit Clothes.esp
mjhCulturalDiversity - Khajiit Clothes Wet and Cold.esp
mjhCulturalDiversity - Khajiit Armor.esp
mjhCulturalDiversity - Kharjo.esp
mjhCulturalDiversity - Argonian Dock Workers.esp
mjhCulturalDiversity - No Dunmer Hoods.esp
mjhCulturalDiversity - Dunmer Clothes and Armor.esp
mjhCulturalDiversity - Jenassa.esp
mjhCulturalDiversity - Aranea Ienith.esp
mjhCulturalDiversity - Logrolf.esp

The Game works without the Mods, but some of them I need in order to complete certain quests.

PLEASE HELP!!! I Can't Play My Game Until This Is Fixed

Ok, this happened to me. What you have to do is:

1. De-select all mods on data files

2.select first 4

3.Hit OK

4.Run game

5.See if it works

6.Repeat, adding 4 mods each time and once you get to a group of 4 mods that dosn't work find out which is causing the problem

That worked for me, if it dosent work then idk :I

*Try to load a save that was before your current one, just so nothing has a chance to get messed up while doing this.

Edited by 1bones8

• 5 weeks later...

you mentioned SKSE , Question did you try to install that with the mod manager? this is not really a mod but a Utility and must be handle differently than normal mod Gopher recently did a video of the new version SKSE and how to install it.

in the past all you need to do was download it and uncompress it and then copy it into your skyrim directory now with added scripts the package has to be unarchive and the part that goes into the data directory re archive then applied with the mod manager and the rest just drag and dropped for it to work correctly.

a link to Gopher's Vid here>

I hope this helps

CTD on game start is (most commonly) result of missing master (required file) or out of order (master is not above in load order) master plugin. Each plugin has this information listed in the header/summary, which users can access with CK, NMM, Wrye Bash and TES5Edit. BOSS (Better Oblivion Sorting Software) can help determine a load order that works for most other users. In order to fix a CTD resulting from missing or out of order master, user needs to acquire missing plugin and place this master above the plugin that uses the master plugin.

Skyrim.esm (has no master)

Update.esm (is mastered to skyrim.esm, thus must be below the master)

SomeModYouInstalled.esm (most all plugins are mastered to Skyrim.esm, some need another plugin because it uses resources in the master)

SomeModYouInstalled.esp (esp plugin mastered to SomeModYouInstalled.esm) If this plugin somehow is positioned above its master, you get CTD. If the master (above) is not installed, CTD.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had the same problems even with hearthfire whenever i enter the house.

it took a lot of tinkering but i decided just to reinstall the whole game(with out unstalling the game just overwrite it), AND IT WORKED although im not 100% sure it it works with hearthfireor if every CTD during the dawnguard quest is fixed but this is still a good thing to try if you don't want to screw around with some probably important files(Edit: it fixed as well)

i also have the Unofficial patches for the DLCs so it might also help

WARNING this may screw with any mods currently installed but probably won't do any sort of damage, worst the will happen is your load order is messed up or installed ones in NMM will suddenly have copies

i hope this helps anyone else

PS. just a friendly reminder if anyone has a mod that needs a prerequisite mod to work will probably crash the game(e.g. NPC overhaul without apachii hair mod)

Edited by Hypastpist

• 6 months later...

Im having same issues. Loading takes time and then puff games gone. And sometimes freezing mostly near whiterun areas both interior and exterior. Even some mods stopped working recently and specially those related to whiterun. Pasted all the mods im using. Please suggest

If game works after uninstal some mods, and game crush just a second after shown Main menu subtitles, it has to be mod requirements. You had installed mod, that reqiure another mod which you forgotten.

make sure every mod in "plugins" tab in NMM and make sure every "master" is installed.

It should solve this problem. Much more problematic, is if game crush while playing :tongue: