someguy2000's mods - Esther's Voice  

246 members have voted

1. 1. If Esther was to be revoiced, what accent should she have?

• British (staying true to the original)
    • North American (no Brits in my Fallout game, ta' very much!)
    • Trans-Atlantic ("As if serving all their vowels on a fine set of tongs. harharharharharhar!")

We won't be adding new lines of dialogue. That's well beyond scope.

Only revoicing unvoiced dialogue and improving voice acting if the original audio cannot be improved (as some audio sounds as though it was recorded through a shitty telex computer mic).

As I said in my original post, there are some clues that someguy intended for her to be British, specifically English.

Americans do not say "Bloody Hell". English do.

We're not interested in adding anything that alters canon.

This is only about fixing up the multitude of bugs with dialogue, scripting, navmeshing, meshes, broken quests and so forth.

Not about reimagining SG2K's mods.

Esther has to be revoiced because she has a lot of missing dialogue.

We just felt it right to ask the community what that voice should be because clearly the British accent is divisive.

We'll go with the majority vote, which as it stands looks as though it's going to be a British accent.

Edited by Hermit85

Okay, folks. We're going to stop the poll now seeing as votes picked up in the last 24 hours. Thank you all for the help. As much as I personally wanted her to be American, we're going to go with the majority on this one and stay true to the original. British it is.

I'm afraid the poll has ended guys. A vote is a vote and British accent won it.

I don't like hearing my own accent in the Fallout universe, but the people have spoken.

Argumentum ad populum notwithstanding *ahem*

The idea of Esther having a British accent so long after the war is not that impossible. She could be a descendant of a group of Brits that were caught in the US and isolated is a small area. It has happened before. Just check the local dialect of the inhabitants of Smith Island, MD, Tangier Island, VA and Ocracoke Island, NC. All of the inhabitants retain the British accent hundreds of years after the islands were settled.

I'm afraid the poll has ended guys. A vote is a vote and British accent won it.

I don't like hearing my own accent in the Fallout universe, but the people have spoken.

Argumentum ad populum notwithstanding *ahem*

I reject your reality and substitute my own.