Building in the Void?

aurreth

An Empire, no less? :laugh:

Well, I'm actually working on a vault-settlement mod (at least one, maybe more, might use the 'build your own vault' approach but with some build stuff and caves. No 'void'), but there will be no need to 'claim' it (Beyond activating it the first time) for your empire :happy:

A lot of these vaults seem to be linked to a subway system. Maybe add something using that to allow for vault to vault travel?

I've been thinking about that, but delayed my decision until I have my/a vault nearly finished.

If I'm going for multiple it would definately want that and should be able to do it without any trouble or conflicts. Except for one thing: How to go about vault's not build yet (if i use a buildable entrance like BYOV does, i should 'close' the backdoor somehow, or prevent the vaultdoor from opening to ... nowhere. Anyway, that's a problem to solve another day.

As for the existing vaults, I will not touch anything outside my own, to prevent any conflicts with other mods, as far as my own vault-settlement mod goes.

...but that doesn't mean I haven't thought about it. Biggest problem there, besides possible conflicts with other mods changing the vaults, are the 'tunnel' pieces the CK offers. There aren't any... (well, ok, 2. Straight and almost straight. Oh and a up/down straight one too, so that makes 3) ...and a handfull of 'platform/alcove' pieces, and a few (only straight) 'escape' tunnels for on the sides.

I might look into creating a tunnel system of my own after getting my vault mod done. Adding all the missing pieces and stuff, but with that much work needed to get it done... (and here goes the same for any vault you have yet to discover, how exactly to prevent the 'backdoor' access?)

An Empire, no less? :laugh:

Well, I'm actually working on a vault-settlement mod (at least one, maybe more, might use the 'build your own vault' approach but with some build stuff and caves. No 'void'), but there will be no need to 'claim' it (Beyond activating it the first time) for your empire :happy:

A lot of these vaults seem to be linked to a subway system. Maybe add something using that to allow for vault to vault travel?

I've been thinking about that, but delayed my decision until I have my/a vault nearly finished.

If I'm going for multiple it would definately want that and should be able to do it without any trouble or conflicts. Except for one thing: How to go about vault's not build yet (if i use a buildable entrance like BYOV does, i should 'close' the backdoor somehow, or prevent the vaultdoor from opening to ... nowhere. Anyway, that's a problem to solve another day.

As for the existing vaults, I will not touch anything outside my own, to prevent any conflicts with other mods, as far as my own vault-settlement mod goes.

...but that doesn't mean I haven't thought about it. Biggest problem there, besides possible conflicts with other mods changing the vaults, are the 'tunnel' pieces the CK offers. There aren't any... (well, ok, 2. Straight and almost straight. Oh and a up/down straight one too, so that makes 3) ...and a handfull of 'platform/alcove' pieces, and a few (only straight) 'escape' tunnels for on the sides.

I might look into creating a tunnel system of my own after getting my vault mod done. Adding all the missing pieces and stuff, but with that much work needed to get it done... (and here goes the same for any vault you have yet to discover, how exactly to prevent the 'backdoor' access?)

Piles of rubble blocking off access, that have to be cleared from the vault side, not the subway side. For existing vaults just add a cell change door and lock it as inaccessible until a certain condition is met.

Those are some of the options yes. Although the latter would be most probable in both cases. As each vault would still be it's own cell and the tunnels too. (possibly more then one, to cover the size of the commonwealth. As I'm a sucker for detail, so the distance and all that should be as accurate as possible, imho) Meanwhile there should be enough to keep you busy down there. Not just loooooong, boring, tunnels.

Those are some of the options yes. Although the latter would be most probable in both cases. As each vault would still be it's own cell and the tunnels too. (possibly more then one, to cover the size of the commonwealth. As I'm a sucker for detail, so the distance and all that should be as accurate as possible, imho) Meanwhile there should be enough to keep you busy down there. Not just loooooong, boring, tunnels.

I was thinking more in terms of a fast travel nexus. There's a mod called Underground Railroad or something like that that does something similiar, using manhole covers scattered around the Commonwealth.

I was thinking more in terms of a fast travel nexus. There's a mod called Underground Railroad or something like that that does something similiar, using manhole covers scattered around the Commonwealth.

Why do the same?

Besides, there's a fast travel option in the game already and I definitely will add a fast travel marker to my vault(s).

No, if there's to be an underground connection by train tunnel, it will be a long walk :laugh: