Building in the Void?

aurreth

Next, enabling fast travel out of there, so I don't have to run back to the surface every time lol

Ok, that was surprisingly easy.

Now to create a map marker/fast travel point to get inside. I've done that before someplace else (the Vault-Tec Regional Headquarters roof, I built a small Overseer's cabin up there lol).

Edited by aurreth

Next, enabling fast travel out of there, so I don't have to run back to the surface every time lol

Another benefit of creating a mod. You can coc straight to your (edited) cell, even if there's no 'entrance', and with the coc marker you can pinpoint where you 'pop up'.

Ok, in keeping with Vault-Tec's strange way of doing things, the Vault-Tec Pneumatic Transport System. Think those commuter tubes they have in Futurama :) Basically you build a tube entrance in a vault and it sucks you up and shoots you to a different one in another vault. Fancy fast travel linked to a tube.

Another benefit of creating a mod. You can coc straight to your (edited) cell, even if there's no 'entrance', and with the coc marker you can pinpoint where you 'pop up'.

Oh I have bat file that transports me to a welcome mat (player.moveto) I plopped down in 114. It's easier while I'm dealing with all the other stuff.

Just as a note, of all the vaults in the (vanilla) game, 95 is the only one that resets. Meaning if you clean out 75 or 114 you can turn them into settlements without worrying about gangsters or gunners respawning in them.

95 is set to respawn mobs so that if you clean it out early and then come back with Cait you'll have to fight your way in again. It's a very simple tweak to turn that off, which would allow you to use C.A.M.P. or Conquest to own every vault.

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but:

Selecting something and pressing the 1 key will toggle visibility for the selected item in CK only. It goes like, Solid -> See-through -> Hidden -> Solid... etc.

Pressing Alt-1 will make visible again anything that you have hidden in this way.

This only affects CK and only for the current session. It will not affect visibility in game.

Comes in quite handy sometimes.

Selecting something and pressing the 1 key will toggle visibility for the selected item in CK only. It goes like, Solid -> See-through -> Hidden -> Solid... etc.

Pressing Alt-1 will make visible again anything that you have hidden in this way.

This only affects CK and only for the current session. It will not affect visibility in game.

Oh, no, I had to remove the item from the game. In the 114 gear room there are a bunch of big blue shipping crates piled up right near the door control platform. You can scrap two of the three without issue, but the third one causes graphics glitches. Removing it in the CK and regenerating precombine and previs fixed the problem.

I'll undoubtedly find more of these as I go, in all the vaults. I'm reworking my approach (one mod per vault as opposed to a unified patch file) so it will take me a bit to find all the offending crap. New save game and having to clear all the vanilla vaults (75, 95, 114) and Vault-Tec Regional HQ first so I can test my tweaks, etc. I've got 111 pretty much covered, probably hit VT HQ next as it's an easy clear.

Oh, no, I had to remove the item from the game. In the 114 gear room there are a bunch of big blue shipping crates piled up right near the door control platform. You can scrap two of the three without issue, but the third one causes graphics glitches. Removing it in the CK and regenerating precombine and previs fixed the problem.

I'll undoubtedly find more of these as I go, in all the vaults. I'm reworking my approach (one mod per vault as opposed to a unified patch file) so it will take me a bit to find all the offending crap. New save game and having to clear all the vanilla vaults (75, 95, 114) and Vault-Tec Regional HQ first so I can test my tweaks, etc. I've got 111 pretty much covered, probably hit VT HQ next as it's an easy clear.

What he means is that when you want to select an object within a CK cell, but you get environment boxes, triggers, etc, you can hit "1" to hide it, until you do get to select the object you wish to delete. (& ALT-1 will unhide all) Its just a way to make your editing life easier as it has no effect on the game/cell beyond your render viewport during a session with CK.

What he means is that when you want to select an object within a CK cell, but you get environment boxes, triggers, etc, you can hit "1" to hide it, until you do get to select the object you wish to delete. (& ALT-1 will unhide all) Its just a way to make your editing life easier as it has no effect on the game/cell beyond your render viewport during a session with CK.

Ah, gotcha, thanks.

Yeah, I've barely begun learning all the cryptic key commands. Be nice if they'd, I dunno, put a menu at the top of the Cell View window. How much you wanna bet that every dev monitor at Bethesda has a big piece of paper taped to the side of the monitor with a list of hotkeys?

Of course I'm one to talk, my computer wallpaper is the GNU Emacs Reference Card lol