Unique Terrible Shotgun...

sativa420

What needs to be done?

I have figured out some of the steps

1) Extract combat shotgun and combat shotgun drum nifs from Fallout - Meshes.bsa

2) rename them to terribleshotgun.nif and terribleshotgundrum.nif

3) change the names of the graphics files to terribleshotgun.dds and terribleshotgundrum.dds likewise for 1stPerson textures.

4) In Nifscope change the diffuse textures to the above and save the files. Leave the CombatShotgun_n.dds and CombatShotgunDrum_n.dds textures alone!

Unfortunately I haven't quite figured out what to do next.

I think it involves opening the GECK, and

5) Creating a copy of the 1stPersonCombatShotgun thing called 1stPersonTerribleShotgun. and point it at the terribleshotgun.nif you modified

6) Edit WeapUniqueTerribleShotgun and point it at your terribleshotgun.nif and 1stPersonTerribleShotGun.

7) Save as TSShiney.esp

:ohmy: Pray you haven't overwitten your ESM!

9) If it actually works, get boxhead54327's permission to redistribute his texture before you do anything else (this should actually be first).

Could someone confirm if I am on the right track here?

1 word: texture sets.

Add the textures to the texture folder, then just go in geck and make a new textureset. Add the dds and dds_n files to the texture sets ( DDs first then the dds_n) then just go into the Shotguns properties, and click the edit button on the model, then just link it to the textureset.

Texture sets are 2 words, and I have sofar managed fine without them (and I have no idea how they work)

When you create a new/copy a .nif file, you can change it's texture path in Nifskope without any kinds of trouble.

1 word: texture sets.

Add the textures to the texture folder, then just go in geck and make a new textureset. Add the dds and dds_n files to the texture sets ( DDs first then the dds_n) then just go into the Shotguns properties, and click the edit button on the model, then just link it to the textureset.

That sounds a lot easier, thanks. I assume I should still rename the textures so they don't affect all Combat Shotguns? Do they go into a BSA or something when you create the esp? Do I still need to worry about nifs?

Funny thing is is I went ahead and had a go at it with Nifscope, which was a easier than it looked once I had read the friendly manual. The mod is probably way to bloated and overcomplicated (esp, 2 nifs and 3 textures), but so far my Fallout hasn't fallen over :) . I just need boxhead52347's permission before I upload it so the Origional Poster (sativa420) and other brave souls can try it.

I will have a try using Texture Sets while I wait. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: clarify meaning

Ok, I got permission to use the texture. Should try and find someone apart from myself to test this mod before I post it? It works for me, but that doesn't mean it doesn't do squirrelly thing that I haven't noticed. I am new to modding, and this seemed a fairly simple project to try.

EDIT

------

The file is now up at Fallout3 Nexus at http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6157. Enjoy, and all suggestions for improvement are welcome.

Archived