⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Fallout 4 1.3 Update Now Official!

SirSalami

In response to post #34348935.

mutieblaster wrote: 1.3 just doesn't work for me, mods or not. I've tried every fix going, and nothing seems to work.
Luckily I found a way to roll back to an earlier version, so now I can finally play again.

As far as I'm aware, Bethesda have still yet to make any acknowledgement of all the issues this patch has caused for many of us, a week after it's release (and forced installation, thanks Steam).

Hopefully we'll get a patch that actually works before we see any DLC, or it's bye-bye Bethesda games for me.

Here's a link to un-patch your game:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/412446292757672641/

And here's a video on how to configure Windows Firewall to prevent Steam from ever updating anything again unless you specifically allow it. It's a somewhat drastic solution, and isn't practical if you play online games, but for anyone who only buys a couple games a year and wants to protect them from the effects of unwanted forced patches, it might be helpful.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those having Instant CTD's on newest Update:

I too was having this problem today after updating and checking / cleaning mods.

In the end, it was none of my 76 esp's nor any of my 286 Bain Packages via Wrye.

It was either my ENB, Shadowboost or Reshade files.... some or all of them I don't know.

Not sure which, but the instant CTD's led my thought process to something that immediately has a cause/effect on the game. (dll's / ini's)

Not sure which one it was TBH, as I removed all 3 at the same time.

Game immediately booted up after removing them and I've played for almost 3 hrs so far...leveled up as well to be sure (as I've seen mentioned here)

So.... if you have that issue, this is one more possibility you can check if you are insta-crashing.

OH yea, good job Bethesda :)

My issues prior were not CTD's, but were texture related / popin's etc and I must say these things are much better for me.

Thanks.

Edited by newfy69

In response to post #34348935. #34470550 is also a reply to the same post.

mutieblaster wrote: 1.3 just doesn't work for me, mods or not. I've tried every fix going, and nothing seems to work.
Luckily I found a way to roll back to an earlier version, so now I can finally play again.

As far as I'm aware, Bethesda have still yet to make any acknowledgement of all the issues this patch has caused for many of us, a week after it's release (and forced installation, thanks Steam).

Hopefully we'll get a patch that actually works before we see any DLC, or it's bye-bye Bethesda games for me.

Here's a link to un-patch your game:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/412446292757672641/
Belthan wrote: And here's a video on how to configure Windows Firewall to prevent Steam from ever updating anything again unless you specifically allow it. It's a somewhat drastic solution, and isn't practical if you play online games, but for anyone who only buys a couple games a year and wants to protect them from the effects of unwanted forced patches, it might be helpful.

As he says if you are a Multiplayer this will not work because obviously you need to be online to play.
Hopefully Steam will add an option so users can manually decide when to apply updates..!!

I had an Idea that might work ?? It will limit when the auto update runs. Let me know what you think!!

If you click on "Steam" upper Left of screen, Click "Settings" Select " Downloads '
Under " Download Restrictions " Check the box "Limit Auto-updating schedule"
and Select a time when you know you will not be online or have Steam open.. I put 3am to 4am..

I think in theory it will work ?? Edited by Hill677

*Sigh* I got bored of Fallout 4, and didn't bother trying to figure out WHY I was all of a sudden getting instant CTD's after the patch. Turns out it was one of my own damn mods - a bloody simple-ass texture mod...

I have no f*cking idea WHY THE HELL a simple "texture" would cause a game to violently implode, but as Bethesda games have been moving slowly towards MAXIMUM instability, who the f*ck knows...

I mean, ffs- it was just a simple recolor of the laser projectile from red to purple. It must be tied to the export settings I used in GIMP, though, since I have several other textures I've made that are in use that DON'T cause CTD's...

Either that, or the last patch changed how "gradients" work (which seems unlikely, as I have other mods installed that edit gradients...).

Edited by UlithiumDragon

In response to post #34580070.

UlithiumDragon wrote:

*Sigh* I got bored of Fallout 4, and didn't bother trying to figure out WHY I was all of a sudden getting instant CTD's after the patch. Turns out it was one of my own damn mods - a bloody simple-ass texture mod...

I have no f*cking idea WHY THE HELL a simple "texture" would cause a game to violently implode, but as Bethesda games have been moving slowly towards MAXIMUM instability, who the f*ck knows...

I mean, ffs- it was just a simple recolor of the laser projectile from red to purple. It must be tied to the export settings I used in GIMP, though, since I have several other textures I've made that are in use that DON'T cause CTD's...

Either that, or the last patch changed how "gradients" work (which seems unlikely, as I have other mods installed that edit gradients...).

So in short: you ff-ed up and you blame Bethesda for it.
Brilliant:)

In response to post #34580070. #34593695 is also a reply to the same post.

UlithiumDragon wrote:

Eruadur wrote: So in short: you ff-ed up and you blame Bethesda for it.

Name one other situation where a bad texture would cause a game it VIOLENTLY EXPLODE, rather than just not show up, or not look right...

THis is NOT "my fault" - look, THIS is what was happening before when I had the encoding set incorrectly - the game just didn't render them correctly:

http://i.imgur.com/sBCAcUM.jpg

(He was supposed to be all white, no clue why not setting a compression type caused only certain parts of the coloring to change...) Edited by UlithiumDragon

UlithiumDragon wrote:

Name one other situation where a bad texture would cause a game it VIOLENTLY EXPLODE, rather than just not show up, or not look right...

THis is NOT "my fault" - look, THIS is what was happening before when I had the encoding set incorrectly - the game just didn't render them correctly:

(He was supposed to be all white, no clue why not setting a compression type caused only certain parts of the coloring to change...)

Your modding is not officially supported, therefore whatever results it might incur are your fault only, as well as your own responsibility.

UlithiumDragon wrote:

(He was supposed to be all white, no clue why not setting a compression type caused only certain parts of the coloring to change...)

Your modding is not officially supported, therefore whatever results it might incur are your fault only, as well as your own responsibility.

You are continuing to avoid my main question - how could a game be SO UNSTABLE that a *TEXTURE* would cause instant CTD's without even RENDERING said texture...?

>Because Bethesda game, and because Gamebryo.

In response to post #34615300.

UlithiumDragon wrote:

UlithiumDragon wrote:

You are continuing to avoid my main question - how could a game be SO UNSTABLE that a *TEXTURE* would cause instant CTD's without even RENDERING said texture...?

>Because Bethesda game, and because Gamebryo.

This is Creation Engine. Look it up on the wikipedia if you wana talk about it. I doubt anyone that read about it or worked with Skyrim/FO4 CE to make mods would make this claim that it's Gamebyro.