⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Skyrim Special Edition site launch

SirSalami

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43643155. #43654780, #43657270, #43657865 are all replies on the same post.

DrLkrD wrote: Glad I got it for free!!!!!
Special Edition looks like CRAP!!!!!
Bethesda needs to employee Chesko, Boris and all the other modders who have made the game so beautiful and better..............
First trees look 10xs smaller, fog or haze everywhere even when looking into the distance there is a haze so you can't really see the mountains. Over saturated with Orange and did i say haze. Looks crisp and clean in immediate area sometimes but distance wise it is a hazy feeling, Did I mention the haze??????? Oh during the day it is a bluish haze in the distance........did I mention haze?????????????????????????????????
I come out of the Helgen cave expecting to see a vast Forest and a Forestry feeling and I'm like where are all the trees???????????????? Did they actually shrink them????? Oh you added the crappy vanilla foliage everywhere??? Even in WhiteRun........walking up the steps and seeing the Orange or Reddish fern crap on both sides. No grass just the same crappy orange, reddish, brown stuff they call grass.
And some strange light around the candles.
What about the water??????? Crap absolute Crap............Wish there was Purity. At least with RealLike ENB and Purity and LE my water looks Crystal Clear.............
and what is with the specs in the snow......it makes it so unimmersive........
No wonder we PCers get the game for free from Steam.......This is just the first 20 minutes or so of the game and was already ready for an ENB........
The only saving grace and I applaud Bethesda for is the 64-bit.
Even Enderal looks better than SE

I am running
AMD A10 7870 4.29ghz processor
Geforce GTX 1060 6gs gpu
8 gigs ram
4K tv for Monitor
Camilla118 wrote: You are a godsend. Thanks for having an actual report with factual evidence from first hand experience. Bethesda expected this game to get a harsh criticism from the PC community, so it was good they made it free. But they also knew the lowly pleb bottom-feeder console peasants would milk this game like they did in 2011. I call it a money grab.
MartyK911 wrote: Dude, be glad they didn't change too much! By only changing core engine systems, it shouldn't be too hard to port over all the existing mods, while significantly increasing performance. Since all the mods we currently have already provide extremely high-quality textures, there's no need to do that all over again (plus it allows for more customizability). I agree that it's not much use to new players, but come on, it's a free update.
SigynX1 wrote: Yeah, I would have paid for SSE and still would have been happy since I mod it anyway. Free is a bonus.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but if you saw LE, F4 or GTA and see what I see, SE would be a terrible let down.

In response to post #43643155. #43654780, #43657270, #43657865, #43658325 are all replies on the same post.

Bethesda needs to employee Chesko, Boris and all the other modders who have made the game so beautiful and better..............
First trees look 10xs smaller, fog or haze everywhere even when looking into the distance there is a haze so you can't really see the mountains. Over saturated with Orange and did i say haze. Looks crisp and clean in immediate area sometimes but distance wise it is a hazy feeling, Did I mention the haze??????? Oh during the day it is a bluish haze in the distance........did I mention haze?????????????????????????????????
I come out of the Helgen cave expecting to see a vast Forest and a Forestry feeling and I'm like where are all the trees???????????????? Did they actually shrink them????? Oh you added the crappy vanilla foliage everywhere??? Even in WhiteRun........walking up the steps and seeing the Orange or Reddish fern crap on both sides. No grass just the same crappy orange, reddish, brown stuff they call grass.
What about the water??????? Crap absolute Crap............Wish there was Purity. At least with RealLike ENB and Purity and LE my water looks Crystal Clear.............
No wonder we PCers get the game for free from Steam.......This is just the first 20 minutes or so of the game and was already ready for an ENB........

I am running
Geforce GTX 1060 6gs gpu
8 gigs ram
4K tv for Monitor
Camilla118 wrote: You are a godsend. Thanks for having an actual report with factual evidence from first hand experience. Bethesda expected this game to get a harsh criticism from the PC community, so it was good they made it free. But they also knew the lowly pleb bottom-feeder console peasants would milk this game like they did in 2011. I call it a money grab.
MartyK911 wrote: Dude, be glad they didn't change too much! By only changing core engine systems, it shouldn't be too hard to port over all the existing mods, while significantly increasing performance. Since all the mods we currently have already provide extremely high-quality textures, there's no need to do that all over again (plus it allows for more customizability). I agree that it's not much use to new players, but come on, it's a free update.
SigynX1 wrote: Yeah, I would have paid for SSE and still would have been happy since I mod it anyway. Free is a bonus.
DrLkrD wrote: Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but if you saw LE, F4 or GTA and see what I see, SE would be a terrible let down.

Weird, i don't recognize your, what was it you called it.. oh yes HAZE... I just got out from the Helgen cave and It was a crisp day, Alduin wingin away in the sky, Bleakfalls barrow clearly visible in the distance... But ofcourse, as my PC isn't highend anymore, i didn't turn the knobs to eleven on the graphics. It did feel weird though to startup a playthrough without some effects that i had taken for granted, Like the SKYUI for instance, and the HUDs. I did think about the skeletons and character enhancements not being there, but i had completely forgot about the above mentioned... hehe. Anyway, i think I'm gonna make a playthrough unmodded, just for remembrance... if nothing else. I'm also quite happy that they made this one as a standalone optional separate install, and not an overwrite on the existing game. So, with that said, MERRY GAMING / Slaintë me lads and lasses

In response to post #43643155. #43654780, #43657270, #43657865, #43658325, #43661225 are all replies on the same post.

I am running
Geforce GTX 1060 6gs gpu
8 gigs ram
4K tv for Monitor
DrLkrD wrote: Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but if you saw LE, F4 or GTA and see what I see, SE would be a terrible let down.
pegueng wrote: Weird, i don't recognize your, what was it you called it.. oh yes HAZE... I just got out from the Helgen cave and It was a crisp day, Alduin wingin away in the sky, Bleakfalls barrow clearly visible in the distance... But ofcourse, as my PC isn't highend anymore, i didn't turn the knobs to eleven on the graphics. It did feel weird though to startup a playthrough without some effects that i had taken for granted, Like the SKYUI for instance, and the HUDs. I did think about the skeletons and character enhancements not being there, but i had completely forgot about the above mentioned... hehe. Anyway, i think I'm gonna make a playthrough unmodded, just for remembrance... if nothing else. I'm also quite happy that they made this one as a standalone optional separate install, and not an overwrite on the existing game. So, with that said, MERRY GAMING / Slaintë me lads and lasses

Agreed, I felt like they should have at least did something different with the texture of the vanilla races... now we can just have the ugly vanilla textures in HIGH DEFINITION. I will still going to play it because I am too lazy to reinstall the original but I will be anticipating the release of all the mods that fix all of vanilla skyrim's ugliness. Don't get me wrong, I love skyrim and The Elder Scrolls series but I have too many negative thoughts about this "Special Edition" to list. It just feels like bethesdas reply the cries of console players and instead of just making Skyrim backwards compatible they are want people to buy the same game twice. Of course now with the addition of mods maybe console players can see a skyrim as beautiful as ours.

In response to post #43643155. #43654780, #43657270, #43657865, #43658325, #43661225, #43662885 are all replies on the same post.

I am running
Geforce GTX 1060 6gs gpu
8 gigs ram
4K tv for Monitor
pegueng wrote: Weird, i don't recognize your, what was it you called it.. oh yes HAZE... I just got out from the Helgen cave and It was a crisp day, Alduin wingin away in the sky, Bleakfalls barrow clearly visible in the distance... But ofcourse, as my PC isn't highend anymore, i didn't turn the knobs to eleven on the graphics. It did feel weird though to startup a playthrough without some effects that i had taken for granted, Like the SKYUI for instance, and the HUDs. I did think about the skeletons and character enhancements not being there, but i had completely forgot about the above mentioned... hehe. Anyway, i think I'm gonna make a playthrough unmodded, just for remembrance... if nothing else. I'm also quite happy that they made this one as a standalone optional separate install, and not an overwrite on the existing game. So, with that said, MERRY GAMING / Slaintë me lads and lasses
GentlexFist wrote: Agreed, I felt like they should have at least did something different with the texture of the vanilla races... now we can just have the ugly vanilla textures in HIGH DEFINITION. I will still going to play it because I am too lazy to reinstall the original but I will be anticipating the release of all the mods that fix all of vanilla skyrim's ugliness. Don't get me wrong, I love skyrim and The Elder Scrolls series but I have too many negative thoughts about this "Special Edition" to list. It just feels like bethesdas reply the cries of console players and instead of just making Skyrim backwards compatible they are want people to buy the same game twice. Of course now with the addition of mods maybe console players can see a skyrim as beautiful as ours.

Agreed, I felt like they should have at least did something different with the texture of the vanilla races... now we can just have the ugly vanilla textures in HIGH DEFINITION. I will still going to play it because I am too lazy to reinstall the original but I will be anticipating the release of all the mods that fix all of vanilla skyrim's ugliness. Don't get me wrong, I love skyrim and The Elder Scrolls series but I have too many negative thoughts about this "Special Edition" to list. It just feels like bethesdas reply the cries of console players and instead of just making Skyrim backwards compatible they are want people to buy the same game twice. Of course now with the addition of mods maybe console players can see a skyrim as beautiful as ours.

In response to post #43643155. #43654780, #43657270, #43657865, #43658325, #43661225, #43662885, #43662930 are all replies on the same post.

I am running
Geforce GTX 1060 6gs gpu
8 gigs ram
4K tv for Monitor
GentlexFist wrote: Agreed, I felt like they should have at least did something different with the texture of the vanilla races... now we can just have the ugly vanilla textures in HIGH DEFINITION. I will still going to play it because I am too lazy to reinstall the original but I will be anticipating the release of all the mods that fix all of vanilla skyrim's ugliness. Don't get me wrong, I love skyrim and The Elder Scrolls series but I have too many negative thoughts about this "Special Edition" to list. It just feels like bethesdas reply the cries of console players and instead of just making Skyrim backwards compatible they are want people to buy the same game twice. Of course now with the addition of mods maybe console players can see a skyrim as beautiful as ours.

Well, the consoles got a graphical upgrade and we got 64 bit memory paging so we can mod it more. A lot more. So install every beautification without worry of memory limits

Just something I'd like to share for new and returning Nexus users regarding SSE and its future:

We, the community, need to be very patient and respectful as modders navigate this exciting but turbulent time brought on by SSE. There are many hurtles that modders will need to jump, some more than others, to bring their original Skyrim content to SSE, as well as some things many of them need to wait for (e.g. SKSE to be rewritten for SSE, etc). We need to be respectful and appreciative of their efforts and time, not only because of what they do for us, but also because if we are not then some of them, understandably so, may leave the SSE modding scene (as some of them left the original Skyrim scene). If that begins to happen then there is, in my opinion, no chance that SSE will surpass original Skyrim (even despite 64-bit, Dx11, etc).

Spread that message/sentiment far and wide around the community because it is a very real possibility that SSE could splinter this community more than it will breathe new life into it; the deciding factor is, in my opinion, ultimately how we, the community, treat the modders that have gone to such lengths to make Skyrim what is today!

THANK YOU to all modders, you guys and gals are amazing people!

ALSO, huuuuuge thanks to the entire Nexus Mods and Mod Manager team for everything they do. This community and game certainly wouldn't be what it is without you guys too!

Edited by ThyHarrowing