⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Skyrim Special Edition site launch

SirSalami

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43728160. #43867000 is also a reply to the same post.

misguidedintention wrote: Does this mean that this is the end of people creating mods for the PC version of Skyrim?! I just put in a gaming computer in the layaway and collecting mods to use when I get it -.-' I guess that also means that these will no longer be updated? I don't want to get a console just for Skyrim..
rbmill02 wrote: While people may stop modding for Skyrim, it's been out for almost 5 years now, and there are plenty of mods to sample here. Many, if not most, of these mods will migrate over to Skyrim SE, and some may continue to be developed for vanilla Skyrim. I wouldn't worry.

Not at all....and you are not forced to play SSE..if you own the original Skyrim for PC you can play and mod it as long as you like.
SSE has a reworked engine that is more stable and looks better than original vanilla Skyrim. SKSE for SSE is coming which will allow much more mods to be ported over or to be newly created for SSE specifically.

In response to post #43728160. #43867000, #43958970 are all replies on the same post.

misguidedintention wrote: Does this mean that this is the end of people creating mods for the PC version of Skyrim?! I just put in a gaming computer in the layaway and collecting mods to use when I get it -.-' I guess that also means that these will no longer be updated? I don't want to get a console just for Skyrim..
rbmill02 wrote: While people may stop modding for Skyrim, it's been out for almost 5 years now, and there are plenty of mods to sample here. Many, if not most, of these mods will migrate over to Skyrim SE, and some may continue to be developed for vanilla Skyrim. I wouldn't worry.
mrgiggls wrote: Not at all....and you are not forced to play SSE..if you own the original Skyrim for PC you can play and mod it as long as you like.
SSE has a reworked engine that is more stable and looks better than original vanilla Skyrim. SKSE for SSE is coming which will allow much more mods to be ported over or to be newly created for SSE specifically.

Oh I see ty. Sorry for a late reply but sadly I currently can't afford an Xbox one to play sse so ill have to stick to the original. :/

Edit: sorry nvm. I forgot it was on pc. Edited by misguidedintention

In response to post #43657550. #43682615, #43698255, #43698580, #43705175, #43721260, #43736410 are all replies on the same post.

DrLkrD wrote: Huh?? If this is supposed to run off the F4 engine why does it look like crap???
it looks like dog crap. I have tweaked my graphic card, setting on Ultra and my 4k tv and it still looks like dog doo do.
Five o clock shadows on the ladies when they face certain directions. The Face shadow problem seems to be back on the character.
Walking through Falkreath I notice the trees are SMALLER.....why did they make the trees smaller???? I wanted to get lost in the forest and have that forestry feeling..........
Going through Bleak Falls and it is the same vanilla lighting????????????? or Helgen???? No distinction of shadows??????
Darker dungeons or Further or RLO made the dungeons look better......
What God rays???? Oh Boy...........I turned them off..............
Yes I know it is 64 bit but the thing is I learned to run the 32 bit stabilize it, run 200 gigs of mods and never have crashes or stutters. And it looks amazing......on a 150 graphic card.........
Finally upgraded my grapic card to a 1060 geforce gtx and LE looks phenomenal and F4 running on 4k monitor..........
I am stoked about the possibilites of the 64 bit but this is what it looks like?????????
What a let down!!!!!!!
Sure it looks different but it does not look better.............
Tbrown36 wrote: you got it for free.
Bob100 wrote: damn i really need 2 get that 1060 im still have a 960 4 gb
theMetamancer wrote: @ Tbrown36

Not exactly. You have to own the original plus all DLC first, which was _not_ free.
DarkStarField wrote: @theMetamancer

Semantics. Special Edition was still free to anyone who already owned Legendary Edition, or all the DLC(ie almost everyone on PC). That's like saying, in a buy one get one free sale, that the second one isn't free because you have to buy the first one...
ClaymoretheDog wrote: Just wait a month until until SKSE and ENB is out and everything goes back to normal, excep way better
SasukeUchiha501 wrote: 200 GB of mods without any crashes? Don't believe that for a second, sorry.

Can only use 283GB in TOTAL on my hard drive... time for a computer upgrade... -_-

In response to post #43657550. #43682615, #43698255, #43698580, #43705175, #43721260, #43736410, #44008070 are all replies on the same post.

DrLkrD wrote: Huh?? If this is supposed to run off the F4 engine why does it look like crap???
it looks like dog crap. I have tweaked my graphic card, setting on Ultra and my 4k tv and it still looks like dog doo do.
Five o clock shadows on the ladies when they face certain directions. The Face shadow problem seems to be back on the character.
Walking through Falkreath I notice the trees are SMALLER.....why did they make the trees smaller???? I wanted to get lost in the forest and have that forestry feeling..........
Going through Bleak Falls and it is the same vanilla lighting????????????? or Helgen???? No distinction of shadows??????
Darker dungeons or Further or RLO made the dungeons look better......
What God rays???? Oh Boy...........I turned them off..............
Yes I know it is 64 bit but the thing is I learned to run the 32 bit stabilize it, run 200 gigs of mods and never have crashes or stutters. And it looks amazing......on a 150 graphic card.........
Finally upgraded my grapic card to a 1060 geforce gtx and LE looks phenomenal and F4 running on 4k monitor..........
I am stoked about the possibilites of the 64 bit but this is what it looks like?????????
What a let down!!!!!!!
Sure it looks different but it does not look better.............
Tbrown36 wrote: you got it for free.
Bob100 wrote: damn i really need 2 get that 1060 im still have a 960 4 gb
theMetamancer wrote: @ Tbrown36

Not exactly. You have to own the original plus all DLC first, which was _not_ free.
DarkStarField wrote: @theMetamancer

Semantics. Special Edition was still free to anyone who already owned Legendary Edition, or all the DLC(ie almost everyone on PC). That's like saying, in a buy one get one free sale, that the second one isn't free because you have to buy the first one...
ClaymoretheDog wrote: Just wait a month until until SKSE and ENB is out and everything goes back to normal, excep way better
SasukeUchiha501 wrote: 200 GB of mods without any crashes? Don't believe that for a second, sorry.
O7703VANS wrote: Can only use 283GB in TOTAL on my hard drive... time for a computer upgrade... -_-

I watched a lot of GamerPoets and Gopher videos several times on how to stabalize skyrim plus read a lot of S.T.E.P. Many hours reading other peoples comments trying to figure out problems, configuring tweaking and merging mods. A lot of trial and error. I have my core mods I know I have ran for hours with out crashing and there is at least 15 to 20 mods easily. I also re-texture everything. From the clothes to the chairs to the potion bottles, weapons and armors, landscape npcs, and cities.
I have at least 20 gigs on sse and still waiting on realistic needs, sexlab framework, amorous adventures, sex dialogues, bathing beauties, bathing in skyrim, face to face conversation, fnis sexy moves, underground bathhouse, legacy of dragonbourne, fnis enhance character animations, simply knock, skinny dipping, convient horses, schlongs, and many more that mod authors have made to make the game so so so much better.
So if you read, watch Gamer or Gopher and other modders suggestions, clean and learn to merge mods and trial and error, it is possible to run 200 gigs of mods without crashing.

Not sure where the "graphics look worse" comments are coming from because straight out of the box it looks way better than vanilla Skyrim did 5 years ago.

SSE mods are coming thick and fast and quite a few are re-works of old favourites so I already have a Skyrim SE much like my earlier version. If the author is not doing it read up on what needs doing, apart from some artwork changes most can be done with the CK and Nifscope if needed.

Smoother, Faster and overall a far better base game to build on than the older Skyrim.

In response to post #43643155. #43654780, #43657270, #43657865, #43658325, #43661225, #43662885, #43662930, #43662960, #43680325, #43681585, #43744150 are all replies on the same post.

DrLkrD wrote: Glad I got it for free!!!!!
Special Edition looks like CRAP!!!!!
Bethesda needs to employee Chesko, Boris and all the other modders who have made the game so beautiful and better..............
First trees look 10xs smaller, fog or haze everywhere even when looking into the distance there is a haze so you can't really see the mountains. Over saturated with Orange and did i say haze. Looks crisp and clean in immediate area sometimes but distance wise it is a hazy feeling, Did I mention the haze??????? Oh during the day it is a bluish haze in the distance........did I mention haze?????????????????????????????????
I come out of the Helgen cave expecting to see a vast Forest and a Forestry feeling and I'm like where are all the trees???????????????? Did they actually shrink them????? Oh you added the crappy vanilla foliage everywhere??? Even in WhiteRun........walking up the steps and seeing the Orange or Reddish fern crap on both sides. No grass just the same crappy orange, reddish, brown stuff they call grass.
And some strange light around the candles.
What about the water??????? Crap absolute Crap............Wish there was Purity. At least with RealLike ENB and Purity and LE my water looks Crystal Clear.............
and what is with the specs in the snow......it makes it so unimmersive........
No wonder we PCers get the game for free from Steam.......This is just the first 20 minutes or so of the game and was already ready for an ENB........
The only saving grace and I applaud Bethesda for is the 64-bit.
Even Enderal looks better than SE

I am running
AMD A10 7870 4.29ghz processor
Geforce GTX 1060 6gs gpu
8 gigs ram
4K tv for Monitor
Camilla118 wrote: You are a godsend. Thanks for having an actual report with factual evidence from first hand experience. Bethesda expected this game to get a harsh criticism from the PC community, so it was good they made it free. But they also knew the lowly pleb bottom-feeder console peasants would milk this game like they did in 2011. I call it a money grab.
MartyK911 wrote: Dude, be glad they didn't change too much! By only changing core engine systems, it shouldn't be too hard to port over all the existing mods, while significantly increasing performance. Since all the mods we currently have already provide extremely high-quality textures, there's no need to do that all over again (plus it allows for more customizability). I agree that it's not much use to new players, but come on, it's a free update.
SigynX1 wrote: Yeah, I would have paid for SSE and still would have been happy since I mod it anyway. Free is a bonus.
DrLkrD wrote: Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but if you saw LE, F4 or GTA and see what I see, SE would be a terrible let down.
pegueng wrote: Weird, i don't recognize your, what was it you called it.. oh yes HAZE... I just got out from the Helgen cave and It was a crisp day, Alduin wingin away in the sky, Bleakfalls barrow clearly visible in the distance... But ofcourse, as my PC isn't highend anymore, i didn't turn the knobs to eleven on the graphics. It did feel weird though to startup a playthrough without some effects that i had taken for granted, Like the SKYUI for instance, and the HUDs. I did think about the skeletons and character enhancements not being there, but i had completely forgot about the above mentioned... hehe. Anyway, i think I'm gonna make a playthrough unmodded, just for remembrance... if nothing else. I'm also quite happy that they made this one as a standalone optional separate install, and not an overwrite on the existing game. So, with that said, MERRY GAMING / Slaintë me lads and lasses
GentlexFist wrote: Agreed, I felt like they should have at least did something different with the texture of the vanilla races... now we can just have the ugly vanilla textures in HIGH DEFINITION. I will still going to play it because I am too lazy to reinstall the original but I will be anticipating the release of all the mods that fix all of vanilla skyrim's ugliness. Don't get me wrong, I love skyrim and The Elder Scrolls series but I have too many negative thoughts about this "Special Edition" to list. It just feels like bethesdas reply the cries of console players and instead of just making Skyrim backwards compatible they are want people to buy the same game twice. Of course now with the addition of mods maybe console players can see a skyrim as beautiful as ours.
GentlexFist wrote: Agreed, I felt like they should have at least did something different with the texture of the vanilla races... now we can just have the ugly vanilla textures in HIGH DEFINITION. I will still going to play it because I am too lazy to reinstall the original but I will be anticipating the release of all the mods that fix all of vanilla skyrim's ugliness. Don't get me wrong, I love skyrim and The Elder Scrolls series but I have too many negative thoughts about this "Special Edition" to list. It just feels like bethesdas reply the cries of console players and instead of just making Skyrim backwards compatible they are want people to buy the same game twice. Of course now with the addition of mods maybe console players can see a skyrim as beautiful as ours.
coll543 wrote: Well, the consoles got a graphical upgrade and we got 64 bit memory paging so we can mod it more. A lot more. So install every beautification without worry of memory limits
Syq111 wrote: memory worry is solved by mr boris long time ago if u dont noticed.
blueknight1960 wrote: I think you need to re-write what you typed because you forgot to mention the haze.
fullarmor2 wrote: This was a brilliant move by Bethesda. They will make a s#*! load of money from the consoles. Making the Skyrim PC'er modding experience available for the console game users is an extremely marketable idea. And for the record, I played my first couple hours with the special edition and I had a great time. I was impressed overall. I didn't have a single crash or freeze. And the load times were very fast. And overall it looked great for an unmodded game. 64 bit potential! I do agree about the haze though. That was annoying to me. But I would assume that modding will take care of any issue right? So I'm expecting the special edition to be the best experience of Skyrim in time.

think about this for a second here. your born in the 80's and the only gaming systems you were able to play were the nes and sega master system. you pop in a game for the first time in your life and you pick up the controller and are amazed at the characters moving on screen because you pressed a button on a piece of plastic in your hands. you get a bit older and are exposed to the awesomeness of the snes and genesis. and you think to yourself that it cant possibly get any better. but your wrong. you reach your teens and there you are picking up a n64 controller and controlling a 3d! character on tv. and you say once again, it cant get any better than this. but your wrong once more. your in your early twenties and there you are playing kingdom hearts on your brand new ps2. you are blown away at how real the characters look on screen. fast forward another few years and there you are , late twenties playing skyrim on your xbox 360, your breath being taken away by how beautiful this game sounds, looks and feels. and you finally realize that all your life you have been taking for granted your ability to enjoy such an awesome technology. and then fall 2016 comes around and you are playing an updated version of skyrim on your brand new pc, and you start seeing the current gaming generation complaining about skyrim not looking as good as they think it should look. and you tell yourself, i am so glad that i am gratefull for growing up in the 80's, a time where games really did look like crap compared to now.

In a word SSE looks very promising, but until skse and skyui are ported over, game play is so limited and the types of mod available are so limited that I have returned to Skyrim until SSE gets the boost required to support my favorite mods and types of mods. That may just be me, but I suspect not. However, I will say this, the 64 bit capability has tremendous possibilities, not the least of which being able to have more than 255 mods :-). But they need to be the right kind of mods, so I am waiting.