⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Security updates: reCaptcha and Two-factor Authentication

SirSalami

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #61994637.

RoyBatterian wrote: How secure is your database now? It's been hacked before, and I'm not inclined to put personal info into nexus until I am more confident in how you handle security.

Since you have donated to the site, they have your real name and address (or whatever name & address your paypal/credit card account is linked to).

I did consider to request of removal of such data myself, but I'm quite certain that they are using a different system for this kind of information.

In response to post #61994637. #62033117 is also a reply to the same post.

RoyBatterian wrote: How secure is your database now? It's been hacked before, and I'm not inclined to put personal info into nexus until I am more confident in how you handle security.
axonis wrote: Since you have donated to the site, they have your real name and address (or whatever name & address your paypal/credit card account is linked to).

I did consider to request of removal of such data myself, but I'm quite certain that they are using a different system for this kind of information.

A user purchased it for me. :)

The lack of response doesn't inspire confidence. Edited by RoyBatterian

In response to post #61994637. #62033117, #62034202 are all replies on the same post.

axonis wrote: Since you have donated to the site, they have your real name and address (or whatever name & address your paypal/credit card account is linked to).

RoyBatterian wrote: A user purchased it for me. :)

The lack of response doesn't inspire confidence.

That's a pretty broad question to answer here honestly Roy, but of course we consider account security a top priority and these recent updates are to that end. If you have specific questions though, PM me and I can put you in contact with the correct folks for more specific answers. Edited by SirSalami

In response to post #62039007.

irinotecan wrote: Please consider enhancing 2FA with a phone app like Authy (which uses a standard for 2FA PINs, so you're not locked into just one app). Email only is inconvenient!

Seconding Authy. I already use that for several other accounts.
I kept getting that recaptcha thing over and over and over for the last several days and it was extremely annoying. I hope whatever was causing that has been tweaked now.

In response to post #61983402. #61992362, #61993342, #61994292, #61998187, #62004637, #62004807, #62005667 are all replies on the same post.

ConnieandMike wrote: I don't mind the capta but when it starts wanting me to click on pictures that have this or that in them... I can't stand that. It just goes on & on sometimes.
Kenrox wrote: Cause you are a robot.
Gotcha!
Dipanjanc33 wrote: And robots don't complain!!!
Moksha8088 wrote: I think one of the first rules of robotics is that the robot is supposed to comply provided you have purchased both the robot enabling microtransaction and a set of the Doom Marine Power Armor.
Black Jack 11 wrote: Give me the pictures over the word reCaptcha i suck at the word reCaptcha
BAPWAS wrote: What if a Synth tries to log in? :D
Jokes aside, ConnieandMike said it right. It just goes on and on most of the times (7-8 pictures sometime).
Pickysaurus wrote: The number of image challenges is based on how convinced Google is that you're not a synth... once you've got passed them though you can stay logged in or it should require less challenges (or none) next time you try to login.
Dubbyk wrote: Lets hope it's more effective then the G.O.A.T. at spotting robots

"It just goes on & on sometimes." Been there, had that.

This can happen if you do not enable cookies from third-party sites (such as Google) or destroy them too quickly. You definitely need to enable persistent cookies from "*.Nexus.com" to avoid most of the recaptcha annoyance on your personal device.

In response to post #61998967.

TheCaptain19WingNut wrote: "Most of the time, this system will not require any input from the user, but if deemed necessary, you may be presented with a challenge or puzzle that is intended to be easy to solve by us humans but prove difficult for bots." THIS HAPPENS EVERY DAMN TIME I TRY TO LOG IN!! The text is completely unreadable. It takes usually 6+ tries and dozens of reloading the text to get one I can kinda guess the letters of. It is anything but "easy for us humans" and nothing but an annoyance that DOES NOT HELP WITH SECURITY. Just read this: https://www.komando.com/happening-now/355395/captcha-codes-are-more-than-just-annoying-theyre-putting-your-security-at-risk. This is completely useless.

Well it only took 2 dozen time today. WTF!!!!! Its about time nexus had some competition. This used to be a good site but its been getting worse. They dont support NMM anymore and the re-captcha is a damn joke.

2FA is good news but something changed and now I can't log into the forums at all. I click on forums and then on the log in button and it says I am already logged in and the page it redirects to doesn't have a log out option. Could probably fix it by deleting cookies and session data but I should not have to do that and most people wouldn't know to try doing that.

In response to post #62065522.

Balx2 wrote: 2FA is good news but something changed and now I can't log into the forums at all. I click on forums and then on the log in button and it says I am already logged in and the page it redirects to doesn't have a log out option. Could probably fix it by deleting cookies and session data but I should not have to do that and most people wouldn't know to try doing that.

Please log out from the site and login again, you have outdated cookies stored in your browser :)