Just Starting NV

Canlocu

Hello,

I bought this game awhile back when it was on sell for $5 and have not played it yet, just ran around a bit. I have played Skyrim with over 200 mods for 400+ hrs and need a break from it, lol.

I am looking for a good ENBseries file to use (Skyrim uses v119), not sure what one is used here. Plus looking for some good mods to add, like re-textures (This game needs it badly), UI's (Dont like the default one), Weather mod, Companions (I like having an array of partners), weapon and armor mods. Basically anything that will add to the feel of the game and making it more enjoyable. But at the same time not wrecking the game saves.

I am not sure if this game is like Skyrim where only around 3.2ram can be used before it crashes. I have a great PC and I am only limited to what I can bring out in skyrim before the game its self becomes unstable. Hoping this game does not have that issue or use the same engine. Does this game have issues with multi scripts messing up saves?

Anyways a NOOB NV peep here just looking for a lil guidance to what mods to add from some of you folks that been playing awhile and know what is good to add and what is the best ones to pick.

Much Thx ahead of time!!!

/cheers

Edited by Canlocu

For memory issues there is this-

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/35262/? (1)

Skyrim also has a similar one so check it out at the Skyrim section of Nexusmod.

I don't know what ENB to suggest to you but here are some mods that are highly recommend for graphic changes(non-adult)-

Mission Mojave - Must have because its a giant bug fix.

Readius - Completely changes the look of Pipboy.(Requires NVSE - http://nvse.silverlock.org/ (1)

Nevada Skies

MIssion Nevada - Personally I don't use it but its practically the highest endorsed Mod on the sites and from what I've seen on its Description Page there is quite a lot of graphical improvements especially with weapon sights.

EVE - Ramps up the blood a bit.

Mikoto - A lot of better hair/eyes for both genders. (Always make sure its ESP file is always last in the load file. For some reason the custom hair won't show up in game if the ESP isn't last all the time.)(2)

HQ Beards -Better beards for male character)

Shiloh - Gets rid of the Lines in the Pipboy and other options.

HoloBoy4000 - Makes the Vanilla Pipboy look like a holograph.

There is a whole bunch of mods to improve the looks of just about everything in New Vegas. The best thing to do is go to the NV Nexus Mod section and search through each Category(Models and Textures, Head/Faces, etc) and sort by Most Endorsed and experiment with the various stuff.

(1) NVSE and 4GB are EXE files so only one can be used to run New Vegas. . .yeah, that sucks I know. I use NVSE and haven't had a crash because of memory issues though.

(2) To prevent game crashes, the following instructions must be done when selecting custom eyes and hair during Character Creation-

1 - Pick character's race and face.

2 - Go to Hair Selection and pick another Vanilla Hairstyle.

3 - Go to Eye Color and pick the Custom Eye you want.

4 - Last select the Custom Hair and Hair Color and you're all set and don't have to worry about game crashes.

Nobody knows why a crash happens if you pick a Custom Eye before selecting another Vanilla Hairstyle first but it happens.

Edited by Graeystone

Thank you both for the replies. Just cleared out the prison solo at lvl 5. That was fun!!

Graeystone what Readius mod are you talking about, there is a lot.

Also I dl ENB v161 and Enhanced Shaders . But now some objects are see through and waters are sheets of textures.... I am sure I have it installed right, I run v191 for skyrim and its awesome.

But thank you for the replies!!