How to reroute a required esp

So I have the "Agemo's Gorgeous heroines - replace Cait Curie and Piper" mod and they require "The Eyes of Beauty."

The issue is, the esp is "The Eyes of Beauty" while the mod requires "THEEYESOFBEAUTY" (No space and all caps[if it matters]), how do I redirect it to the correct esp? I know how to rename the esp, but then the other mods that correctly lists the esp with the spaces won't work.

Edited by Liacious

Open the esp with zEdit, and expand the header. Find the master file out of the list and double click on the file name. It'll let you edit the name.

That should work without complications, but (as ever) make sure you have a backup first. zEdit makes one automatically, but I'd take a manual one anyway.

zEdit will edit master records? Cause FO4Edit won't let you, and I would really like something that will to fix one specific mod. I need to redirect it to a different master that has identical functionality. Works if I rename an ESP, but that causes other issues, as Liacious says.

Answered my own question: "No". zEdit will not let you edit a plugin which is not loaded, and you can't load a plugin with a missing master, so again there is no way to fix masters.

Why are all of these so-called "editors" crippled this way? I want to edit ANY esp, from any directory, not just the ones that are already loaded. I want to fix issues BEFORE loading. I want to fix issues that prevent loading. Is there any editor that lets me do that?

Answered my own question: "No". zEdit will not let you edit a plugin which is not loaded, and you can't load a plugin with a missing master, so again there is no way to fix masters.

Copy the "eyes of beauty.esp" file to "EYESOFBEAUTY.esp" or whatever it needs. Then load your broken esp in zEdit and change the name of the master file.Quit and save. Afterwards you can delete the all-caps version of the mod, which you only needed to get the broken mod to load.

I know it can be done because I checked before I posted. Which still doesn't mean you wont end up with a bunch of broken references afterwards, of course, which is why I say to keep a backup.

Used to be, you could do this with Wrye as well, but the option is greyed out on mine, so maybe it doesn't work for Fo4

Edited by DocClox

Use an older copy of xEdit. V 3.2.1 still lets you edit the master table. The ability was removed from newer versions, because all xedit users are drooling idiots who can't be entrusted with this kind of power.

Use an older copy of xEdit. V 3.2.1 still lets you edit the master table. The ability was removed from newer versions, because all xedit users are drooling idiots who can't be entrusted with this kind of power.

I managed to do it by installing the old master, changing the mod to point to the one I want, then uninstalling the old master, all without running the game.

Pain in the ass way to do things, but at least now I'll be able to work with the mod without complaints from editors.