WIP Carvain's Laboratory: Dwemer Scouter (Hoverbike)

hypno88

I think you guys missed my point. It looks more like something Wylie Coyote would build from acme than something we would find built in Skyrim. It does not look hand crafted with rivets, but like a strait up jumbo jet engine with modern day rotors fixed to the sides. Most of the Dwemer projects around "work" because they look like they were made in Skyrim and not the modern age.

First of all, as I have said previously, the texture is only temporary and there is no normal map at the moment. Don't worry, rivets were part of the plan from the start

Secondly, look closely at the vanilla Dwemer Sphere and Centurian. Not a nut, bolt, rivet or gear in sight. Nobody complains about them and they (in my oppinion) seem to be more far fetched then a turbine engine. If the Dwemer could produce automatons powered by artificial intelligence, that still work after a few centuries in a damp dungeon then designing a steam fueled, turbine powered vehicle doesn't sound out of their league.

Besides, this vehicle wasn't actually made by them. It was inside the notes of the Dwemer answer to Leonardo Da Vinci, then built over the last decade by a present day scholar. Nobody knows if any of Da Vinci's concept drawings were actually made and used in his day, its the same thing here.

Lastly, its a single player game. If you don't like it, don't download and use it

- Hypno

Edited by hypno88

First of all, as I have said previously, the texture is only temporary and there is no normal map at the moment. Don't worry, rivets were part of the plan from the start

Secondly, look closely at the vanilla Dwemer Sphere and Centurian. Not a nut, bolt, rivet or gear in sight. Nobody complains about them and they (in my oppinion) seem to be more far fetched then a turbine engine. If the Dwemer could produce automatons powered by artificial intelligence, that still work after a few centuries in a damp dungeon then designing a steam fueled, turbine powered vehicle doesn't sound out of their league.

Besides, this vehicle wasn't actually made by them. It was inside the notes of the Dwemer answer to Leonardo Da Vinci, then built over the last decade by a present day scholar. Nobody knows if any of Da Vinci's concept drawings were actually made and used in his day, its the same thing here.

Lastly, its a single player game. If you don't like it, don't download and use it

- Hypno

That is exactly my point though. Your scholar does not have access to the same tools and techniques that the dwemer did. It looks too new, too machined. There is no reason to get so defensive over constructive criticism. I clearly want to download it and use it but it looks too out of place.

- Hypno

That is exactly my point though. Your scholar does not have access to the same tools and techniques that the dwemer did. It looks too new, too machined. There is no reason to get so defensive over constructive criticism. I clearly want to download it and use it but it looks too out of place.

Out of place...? 90% of modded content is items, weapons, and armour that aren't a part of the Elder Scrolls universe in any way whatsoever.

Besides, you sorta proved the mod author's intent with your statement - "does not have access too [etc]", "too new, too machined"...this would be the scholar's own attempt at a Dwemer item, not the rebuilding of an existing one. It wouldn't look like the Dw -

Wait. Why am I even arguing this point? The ENTIRE point of people creating mods is to customise THEIR OWN game. Those who release mods on public sites just happen to think that someone else might like the same stuff they do. *le facepalm*

I didnt mean to cause offence, i was just explaining my side and thank you for the criticism. To be perfectly frank, this was just a fun project I'm using to try and teach myself animating. I'm really just getting it ready for the next fallout, this skyrim version can be considered a beta. I'm just blagging a story to try and tie it into this world better. I understand that it does look quite modern, but I like it the way it looks :)

- Hypno

• 6 years later...