Oblivion: Windows 7 vs Windows 10

AllisterHenderson

Chambcra> Thanks I have downloaded the 'Morroblivion - Mountable Silt Strider.esp' & the accompanying .kf animation meshes :)

I have also made a note that this mod requires the Silt Strider Overhaul. Did you see this Silt Strider video too....

Have you tried many other Morroblivion mods for v065 from Morroblivion.com or Nexus? I would be interested to know if Morroblivion Improved functions as intended for v065.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, the video blew me away. The animation of climbing the steep rocks and stepping over a bridge is amazing. It doesn't look like the player controls it though. It was the only question that wasn't answered on youtube. It's pretty amazing if it drives itself but might get old after a while just riding. That mod is a good argument for playing the original.

The only mod I've used is the map I mentioned which I think is the best for detail and location accuracy. I would think Morroblivion improved would work but with my triple screens the fps in Balmore is just adequate as it is. I would like to find some quest mods and I haven't searched the Nexus yet.

Edited by chambcra

There aren't many quest mods for Morroblivion, however user : 'Brainslasher' ported two quest mods from Morrowind in March 2020, and shared them on Morroblivion.com. They were Tel Nechim & Dulsya Isle. Again these were made for Morroblivion v064 so will need to check if they are compatible with v065 (probably :wink: )

Tel Nechim : Original Morrowind & Morroblivion Port.

Dulsya Isle : Original Morrowind & Morroblivion Port.

chambcra> When I get a chance I will check out The Vivec Vengeance mod.

Moksha8088> I wonder if Windows 11, will follow the same microsoft pattern as previous versions eg.

Windows 95 = BAD

Windows 98-2nd Ed = GOOD

Windows ME = BAD

Windows XP = GOOD

Windows Vista = BAD

Windows 7 = GOOD

Windows 8 = BAD

Windows 10 = GOOD

Windows 11 = ???

Edited by AllisterHenderson

• 11 months later...
If anyone is following this, it looks like if you want to use the current Wrye Bash then you NEED to be using Windows 10 (or Windows 8 ) because Wrye Bash version 310 onwards no longer supports Windows 7 because the new Wrye Bash is using an upgraded version of Python that also doesn't support Windows 7. The latest wip-build, v310.202207101026-310RC6, has also further dropped Windows 7 compatibility code. This pretty much ends the debate, unless you are happy using an older version of Wrye Bash (without the up-to-date improvements) with Windows 7.

Don't forget that if using Windows 10 and Oblivion Stutter Remover (OSR) you will need to ensure that bHookCriticalSections = 0, since Windows 10 - Oblivion Optimization mentions on the description page that "Windows 10 released an update that breaks the Critical Sections Fix feature.

Edited by AllisterHenderson