Fallout 3 Crash

foxhoman

Hey everyone. So I got Fallout 3 last night for my 16th birthday, (well, early since I might not see my aunt again before I head back out-of-country) but the problem is I'm having the problem alot of people have where it crashes when using windows 7, I got it off Steam, and I tried a couple of things like going into the task manager-processes-restricting it to 1 CPU drive (I think it was CPU, though my vision ain't that great) and it still crashes for me anywhere between 10-20 minutes in. So if any one has a more recent method of fixing this problem, I would be very happy to hear it.

Also, I'm not sure if there is a thread like this already, so if there is I'm very sorry.

The best in your ventures,

FoxHoman

I just got Fallout 3 GOTY and the game kept crahing after the intro movie.These are the steps I took to get it going.You can try them and see if that will fix your problem.Also make sure your PC can run it.I tried getting it a couple of years ago and the problems I ran into the most were related to the fact that my PC wasn't enough.I guess the game is more demnding than most.

Yeah, I have an AlienWare M18X, so its running fine on ultra settings, so I know its not my computer =P And I go it working a few hours ago actually, it seems I missed a letter when I typed those lines in and turned threads into treads. Its working pretty well now, though I do get the occasional crash, but its not as bad as every 30 seconds. Thanks though :)