Always CTD

ArtemkaWoof

So, i reinstall the game today, clean steam version. remove all ini and save files. No mods at all! and CTDs keeps on and on. i start the game, create the char and when the time comes to run to the bunker the game crashes :) But if I manage to reach the bunker, each time when I try to reach sanctuary the game crashes again :) This is so ridiculous that i wanna cry hysterically :)

my rig: r5-3600x+2070+20 ddr4 ram. win10x64 (just finished days gone and re village with NO problems at all)

There was a time, i played Fallout 4 with 100+ mods on my old gtx 660ti and no CTD was ever..... maybe rarely but fixable

The uninstaller doesn't remove everything..... And if you are using a mod manager, you need to uninstall all your mods via that, before uninstalling the game, else the hard links remain... and the game thinks you still have mods in there.

The problem solved ! I hope it will be useful !

1. removed - Fallout4Custom.ini и Fallout4Prefs.ini (C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Fallout4 folder)

2. start the game - Fallout4.exe ( not Fallout4Launcher.exe!!!) , find out there is no CTD, exit the game.

and used it to config the graphics settings instead of default "Fallout4Launcher.exe" , start the game, no CTD, exit.

4. add all mods that i need, played the game 2+ hours, not single fkn CTD was given. :cool:
SUM - do not use the defaul Fallout4Launcher.exe if u have constant CTD problems.