Running Multiple Master files in Creation Kit

Viecile

I tend to install quite a lot of mods from here, and through this little thing might help, and it might help you:

This is how to fix the creation kit "failed to load multiple master files" Or the inability to load any DLC master files.

---- In the [General] section, add the follwoing two lines:

sLanguage=ENGLISH
bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

---- In the [Archive] secton, fill out the " SArchiveList= " as follows:

SArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- In the same section, [Archive], fill out the " SResourceArchiveList= " as follows:

SResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- And once again, in the [Archive] section, fill out the " SResourceArchiveList2= " as follows:

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- When Done, pick your nose or go create some awesome mods!

---- ???

---- Profit!

Sorry if i bump, but also, hope this helps... You can edit as you please and maybe make it more understandable...

I made it for myself so i understand it pretty well...

I get a weird Asset error tho... but when i click [Retry] it seems to then work fine for some reason...

Hope this helps people some more...

-Donovan

EDIt: P.S. Why the heck does it color the text in the box above? I don't personally mind, it kinda looks festive :tongue:

Okay, I'm still having an issue. For whatever reason, I don't have a Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, or Dragonborn.bsa. I have "Dawnguard - Original.bsa", "Dawnguard - Textures.bsa", "HearthFires - Original.bsa", "HearthFires - Textures.bsa", "Dragonborn - Original.bsa", and "Dragonborn - Textures.bsa", along with the ESM files for each DLC. So do I need to put those "Original" and "Textures" files in SArchiveList= and SResourceArchiveList=?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to install quite a lot of mods from here, and through this little thing might help, and it might help you:

This is how to fix the creation kit "failed to load multiple master files" Or the inability to load any DLC master files.

sLanguage=ENGLISH

SArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- In the same section, [Archive], fill out the " SResourceArchiveList= " as follows:

SResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- And once again, in the [Archive] section, fill out the " SResourceArchiveList2= " as follows:

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- ???

---- Profit!

Sorry if i bump, but also, hope this helps... You can edit as you please and maybe make it more understandable...

I get a weird Asset error tho... but when i click [Retry] it seems to then work fine for some reason...

-Donovan

EDIt: P.S. Why the heck does it color the text in the box above? I don't personally mind, it kinda looks festive :tongue:

Okay, I'm still having an issue. For whatever reason, I don't have a Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, or Dragonborn.bsa. I have "Dawnguard - Original.bsa", "Dawnguard - Textures.bsa", "HearthFires - Original.bsa", "HearthFires - Textures.bsa", "Dragonborn - Original.bsa", and "Dragonborn - Textures.bsa", along with the ESM files for each DLC. So do I need to put those "Original" and "Textures" files in SArchiveList= and SResourceArchiveList=?

Yes when you place the .bsa names in there it should work. You could also add .bsa's of mods in there and then you can load them in CK.

sLanguage=ENGLISH

---- ???

---- Profit!

-Donovan

Yes when you place the .bsa names in there it should work. You could also add .bsa's of mods in there and then you can load them in CK.

I did exactly what was said here and am still having a CTD when I try to load more than one master file. I tried changing the DLC ESM's for the ones in my post, but it had no effect. I REALLY need to know how to get this working so I can mod for DLC items x.x

• 2 months later...

So I'm having issues with this, I've added the .bsa files, and the sLanguage, bAllowMutlipleMaster, and the problem I'm running in to is with Hearthfire. (Hearthfires.bsa) Could this be because I TES5Edit all the DLCs? I also just noticed I did not have Hearthfire spelled correctly, had to add the "S" which I was sure I had. I'll be back after I check this small fix and see if my problems are vanished.

And With Simple Spelling, My Problems Are Vanished.

NOTE: Don't forget the "S"

• 2 weeks later...

The following line needs to be in SkyrimEditor.ini Note the case sensitivity in the below line. It matters.

If the Creation Kit crashes during the bsa loading process, it's likely due to a misspelling in the SkyrimEditor.ini file.

The line will likely be as follows if you have all DLCs.

Again, if something is misspelled the Creation Kit will crash.

• 1 month later...

Okday, so I did as everyone had suggested but I am still running into the same issue as the orginal poster.

Seems like it doesn't want to load more then the main Skyrim master file.

Error I get:

Assert

File: C:\_Skyrim\Code\TESV\TES Shared\misc\BGLocalizedString.cpp

Line:2871

LOCALIZATION:Error opening or reading strings file.

I hit Ignore button and get this in turn.

MASTERFILE: LOCALIZATION:Zero entries or empty block size read from strings file STRINGS/Hearthfires_ENGLISH.Strings. Strings wil be missing.

So I hit Yes to all. Then it Does the whole Microsoft Windows:

Creation Kit has stopped working

Check online for a solution and Close the program

or

Close the program.

This is very annoyed and I hope someone can answer my call for help.

All you have to is keep clicking yes to all and let it load it just takes time.

• 2 weeks later...

sLanguage=ENGLISH

---- ???

---- Profit!

-Donovan

This fixed it for me, I'm able to start modding now. Thanks :D