Help, my skyrim crushes instantly

Kohlefalke

Hello

I got serious Problems with my Skyrim

Well it crushes just then when the main menu Comes; the laucher starts , then I see the Bethesda logo and afterwards skyrim chrushes, I tried already everything I could imagine...

Can you help me?

If you uncheck all your mods, does it start without crashing ?

What have you done since the last time skyrim started properly ?

If i had to guess, i'd say you installed/uninstalled some mods, then now it does that.. so either you installed a mod that is bad/incompatible or require another mod that you don't have, or you removed a mod without removing an esp related to it (ie: you have a mod X, and a patch related to that mod X. you uninstall the mod X without uninstalling/unchecking the mod X Patch.. it would cause a CTD at startup.)

Right when Skyrim loads, and before you even select a specific save game, Skyrim loads all the mods in the Data folder. If you are getting a CTD before selecting a save, there is an error in loading the mods. Kohlefalke is correct that it is extremely likely that the issue is a missing master. If you run BOSS, it should point out the issue. You can also check manually. Often times, the cause of this is uninstalling a mod but forgetting to uninstall a small patch mod that relies on that bigger mod as a master. For instance, you have mod A and mod B, and a patch that makes mod A and B work together. If you uninstall either A or B, you need to uninstall the patch.

Edit: Salawow beat me to it.

If you uncheck all your mods, does it start without crashing ?

What have you done since the last time skyrim started properly ?

If i had to guess, i'd say you installed/uninstalled some mods, then now it does that.. so either you installed a mod that is bad/incompatible or require another mod that you don't have, or you removed a mod without removing an esp related to it (ie: you have a mod X, and a patch related to that mod X. you uninstall the mod X without uninstalling/unchecking the mod X Patch.. it would cause a CTD at startup.)

Well, it starts if i have no mods activated, then i activated them one after another and it worked properly, yesterday it curshed out of the blue and today it didnt work normally again... The last time it started properly was after i updated the mods because the new Version came out and I still had old mods

Right when Skyrim loads, and before you even select a specific save game, Skyrim loads all the mods in the Data folder. If you are getting a CTD before selecting a save, there is an error in loading the mods. Kohlefalke is correct that it is extremely likely that the issue is a missing master. If you run BOSS, it should point out the issue. You can also check manually. Often times, the cause of this is uninstalling a mod but forgetting to uninstall a small patch mod that relies on that bigger mod as a master. For instance, you have mod A and mod B, and a patch that makes mod A and B work together. If you uninstall either A or B, you need to uninstall the patch.

Edit: Salawow beat me to it.

I did that already, thats why I don't know what to do anymore

You need to test each mod individually until you find out which one is causing the crash. Check one data file, test, and if it works uncheck it and check a different one, then repeat until you find the one causing the crash. When you do just delete or re-download it

You need to test each mod individually until you find out which one is causing the crash. Check one data file, test, and if it works uncheck it and check a different one, then repeat until you find the one causing the crash. When you do just delete or re-download it

Is that really the only possibility? I mean it's quite a work to do that

Unfortunately there is no magic bullet that fixes crashes. And you will ultimately have to do the actual work because we cannot work physically on your computer. You may get lucky and find it quickly. There is no guarantee that every mod will work with every other mod - and some will just not be compatible.

Some mods do require something else to work - such as SKSE or another mod to be there. If you have even one mod that requires SKSE, and you did not start using the SKSE launcher - the game will likely crash.

If you try to load an esp ahead of any esm - you will get an instant crash ( there are a few mods that have an esp that for some reason thinks it's an esm - BOSS catches these and loads them with the esms)

There are mods with multiple possible esp parts that are mutually exclusive - if you load one of the esps- loading onne of the others will cause a crash. this is explained in the documentation for that mod. (you do read ALL of the documentation for the mods you install don't you?)

Here is a slightly quicker procedure - but no guarantee.

first deactivate all mods and start a new game - if it still crashes - it's probably not a mod.

If it does work, put the first half of your mods back - and start a new game - Hopefully they will work, then you can add other mods a few at a time until you have a problem - then back up and test the last group individually to find the culprit.

If the first half don't work, remove half of them ad try again - but remember that some mods require BOTH an esm - which must e loaded at the top of the list - and an esp that can be loaded almost any where in the list after all of the esms. If you have one you MUST have the other in the active list.

Here is a link to my blog with more troubleshooting help. http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/4751769/1/#new