male follower

squall77

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know there are lots of girl gamers, I was just hoping for something a little more gender neutral, specifically because there aren't a lot of decent male followers that are romancable. Just as a general really, but I don't want to make a female character just to romance a male companion because of a couple dialogue lines that are gender specific. I guess I'll have to keep waiting for something that notices the player character's gender and has slightly different dialogue in that case, or something that doesn't make gender specific dialogue.

No Zevran for me xD

Edited by Alexmancer

I remember in Morrowind, I had a mod called "Agony and Rapture", it was sort of like reading a romance novel with a companion that came with it, though there were a few triggered events. It was definitely made for male character though (with a male companion). That's probably the only mod I dean think of that was actually geared towards male x male romance.

Have you had a look at Julan recently? The 2.0 update made him romance-able by male characters (and Shani by females as well as males). =) I only play straight females, so never played as a male romancing him, but apparently is just as in-depth as the female romance, and does play a little differently to the female one.

But, er, that's Morrowind, not Skyrim. XD Still...hopefully there will be a mod like the one that's going to be released for us straight girls (...and bi/pan/etc. girls) for you gay guys (..and bi/pan/etc. guys) soon enough.

I remember in Morrowind, I had a mod called "Agony and Rapture", it was sort of like reading a romance novel with a companion that came with it, though there were a few triggered events. It was definitely made for male character though (with a male companion). That's probably the only mod I dean think of that was actually geared towards male x male romance.

Have you had a look at Julan recently? The 2.0 update made him romance-able by male characters (and Shani by females as well as males). =) I only play straight females, so never played as a male romancing him, but apparently is just as in-depth as the female romance, and does play a little differently to the female one.

But, er, that's Morrowind, not Skyrim. XD Still...hopefully there will be a mod like the one that's going to be released for us straight girls (...and bi/pan/etc. girls) for you gay guys (..and bi/pan/etc. guys) soon enough.

I saw the mod and thought you were talking about Julien at first. I don't usually look for mods outside of Nexus/Steam. I'll take a look.

But yeah, I don't have Morrowind installed, haven't played it in years really. I'm not even sure I can get it to run anymore. xD

Edited by Alexmancer

Yup tons of female gamers, strangely enough most that I know play gay male characters... o_O

I played the Agony and Rapture mod, I found the story to be pretty interesting and well done sometimes it assumed to much for my taste but other wise one of the few mods of its kind.

Julan is super awesome, if you ever do get Morrowind working get him.

I also suggest Ruined Tails Tale and CM Valtierro if you play Oblivion Ruined is gender neutral and Valtierro has specific dialog for males.

Only suggestion currently for Skyrim is Interesting NPCs, the followers Rumarin (TON of content, not much romance though) is gender neutral (bi) and Raynes is gay and pretty twisted lol. Also Jaspar who is gay and I find to be pretty interesting a character.

Oh yeah, I'm using interesting NPCs. I haven't gotten around to meeting all the new PCs yet. I think my favorite one is the khajiit that is on a pilgrimage to the various daedra shrines. Meet him around Azura. Then there's that funny guy with his horse, Francis. xD I play a mage, so I tend to start off around Winterhold, so I see those new ones the most.

I'm a TES fan, but I'm actually not a huge fan of Oblivion, not playing that one right now. I think Morrowind held up better. But that's just my opinion.

@ Nivea:

I'm a gay male gamer xD Where are those characters btw? Cities I mean. I'm not sure about twisted, but i'll have to talk to them at least and see. xD

I may end up with Onmond anyway.

Edited by Alexmancer

I tend to play whatever I feel like at the time, gay/bi/lesbian/trans I have played them all, I think its a lot of fun to try different characters a lot so many options. :smile:

Fallout New Vegas is a favorite of mine because you can play a gay or lesbian and it has special content just for you, it makes things much more fun and replayable.

Their site has more specifics on exactly where to meet them, but the gist is:

Rumarin: is near Windhelm in a small ruin named Yorgrim Overlook.

Raynes: is near Solitude in a cave called Lost Echo Cave.

Jaspar: is in Dawnstar he can be found either at the light house or in the inn.

There are even more bisexual options for men but those are the ones I have had the most encounters with, Rumarin has some of the most content in the mod follower wise and he is a mage and tons of fun. Even has some Dragonborn content in Solstheim.

Edited by nivea

My characters tend to be around the College a lot. I'm a huge fan of mages and Telvanni, so... naturally anyone added around there are the ones I have the most experience with. xD

I keep forgetting Interesting NPCs has a site for that stuff. *facepalm*

You should totally pick up Rumarin then, he didnt get into the college so he has some things to say about it all and he is a mage companion but not in the normal sense.