Infinite random radiant quests mod?

hucker75

Is there a mod with huge numbers of radiant quests? It must be possible to keep getting asked to go kill Raiders at x building, etc, etc. There are a few mods that do so, but they have limitations - they only have a list of 5 buildings they use so it gets repetitive. I want to be told to go to random places so I always have something in my pip boy to do. Is it that hard a thing to ask for? I have run out of stuff to do! I don't want to keep having to get more mods, surely there must be one that goes on forever?

The trouble with picking random locations is, that location might be quest related, and going there, may break the quest... so, folks are limited in where they can send you. I think Radio Freedom hands out quests on a fairly regular basis though.

The trouble with picking random locations is, that location might be quest related, and going there, may break the quest... so, folks are limited in where they can send you. I think Radio Freedom hands out quests on a fairly regular basis though.

I don't understand what you mean. Are you saying if I already have a quest to go to building X, and a mod sends me there for something else, then something breaks? Because that doesn't make sense, and isn't true, as I've often had two things tell me to go to the same place at once, I've had to kill a Courser and collect some treasure from the same building. Quite convenient actually.

I don't understand what you mean. Are you saying if I already have a quest to go to building X, and a mod sends me there for something else, then something breaks? Because that doesn't make sense, and isn't true, as I've often had two things tell me to go to the same place at once, I've had to kill a Courser and collect some treasure from the same building. Quite convenient actually.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. Depends on the quest, and why you are going there. Beth games are notoriously finicky..... Ya just never know what's gonna happen.

I don't see why two quests with close markers would cause a problem. My CTDs are usually due to a lot happening at once. Maybe a faster GPU will help.

Sure wouldn't hurt. :D

I just upgraded from a GTX 1060, to an RTX 3070. The performance difference is staggering. I also run Load Accelerator, (uncaps framerate in loading screens) and loading times are a LOT shorter...... My game was pretty stable before, don't know if it improved any with the new card.

With my old R9 280X on a new Ryzen 9 3900XT, I get 25-50fps at 1600*1200 with everything switched on, which is good enough. I'd like it not to be jittery on saving and when there's a lot of stuff to display, but I'd mainly like it to stop crashing. I've had to install an autosave mod to save every minute so I'm not too upset when it crashes. If it still crashes a lot with a good GPU, I don't know what to do to it.

I also use load accelerator, it amazes me that a modder managed to make the game load things 10 times faster, what were Bethesda doing?!

With my old R9 280X on a new Ryzen 9 3900XT, I get 25-50fps at 1600*1200 with everything switched on, which is good enough. I'd like it not to be jittery on saving and when there's a lot of stuff to display, but I'd mainly like it to stop crashing. I've had to install an autosave mod to save every minute so I'm not too upset when it crashes. If it still crashes a lot with a good GPU, I don't know what to do to it.

I also use load accelerator, it amazes me that a modder managed to make the game load things 10 times faster, what were Bethesda doing?!

Asleep at the switch most likely. :) Not the first time, won't be the last either.

Think I would be tempted to troubleshoot your install, before throwing hardware at it. Start with just the vanilla game. Make sure it runs stable, with no issues. Then start adding mods.....

Asleep at the switch most likely. :smile: Not the first time, won't be the last either.

Think I would be tempted to troubleshoot your install, before throwing hardware at it. Start with just the vanilla game. Make sure it runs stable, with no issues. Then start adding mods.....

I can understand and maybe even forgive a bug. But this game was actually written so the frames per second controls the loading screen! That's just beyond stupid. It would be like having the indicator lights on your car flash in time with the engine revs. The two are not connected!

It doesn't crash with vanilla. It's got gradually worse as I've added more. It's not one thing in particular, but the amount of things it has to do. It crashes more in busier areas.