Vanilla locations you've never seen modded

Duskill

Asalam.

I'm looking for a place to stiff in some environmental storytelling related to one of my mod's characters. Something like an abandoned house/building, preferably a bit away from New Vegas. And I'd rather put it somewhere where no other mods could interfer with it since the story involved is a tragedy, and I don't want some joker unintentionally concluding it's a comedy, which often happen when two mods overlap (Like for example someone made a happy orphanage in one place, and some other modder a raider dan at the same spot. Oops).

So my question is, are there any locations that would at least relatively fit the needs above that you've never seen touched by other mods or at the very least, seen them touched very rarely?

You're probably going to have a hard time finding a location that nobody has touched. One of the mines near the road leading up the mountain to Jacobstown might be your best bet. There are also some caves on the south side of the map that aren't used much.

Sticking a new cave somewhere would be easy and wouldn't really need to generate LOD since you usually can't see a cave entrance until you are pretty close to it. I don't know if a cave would fit in with your mod's lore.

There's a whole lot of nothing around Ranger Station Bravo if you'd want to stick a new shack somewhere out there.

There's the Old Nuclear Test Site on the south side of the map that isn't used much, mostly because it's an irradiated mess. If you need to add living people then this probably isn't a good place to do it, unless ghouls are an option for your new people.

Mesquite Mountain Crater has a small camp with some loot and some traps. You'd have to remove the traps if you want people there or your NPCs will set off the traps. On the plus side, it's just a little camp off to the side of the map that most people don't care much about. I don't think I've ever seen a mod do anything with it. On the negative side it's just a small camp. There are no buildings of any sort, though you could probably stick a small shack there if you wanted to.

Just about every existing house, shack, and building has some sort of mod for it.

There's a handful of "Fake Caves" that I don't think anybody has done anything with; first one that comes to mind is near ranger station bravo, next to "The One" wild wasteland encounter.

The suburbs around vegas/freeside are pretty underused, and there's even some ruined/inaccessible buildings you could "renovate".

You're probably going to have a hard time finding a location that nobody has touched. One of the mines near the road leading up the mountain to Jacobstown might be your best bet. There are also some caves on the south side of the map that aren't used much.

Sticking a new cave somewhere would be easy and wouldn't really need to generate LOD since you usually can't see a cave entrance until you are pretty close to it. I don't know if a cave would fit in with your mod's lore.

There's a whole lot of nothing around Ranger Station Bravo if you'd want to stick a new shack somewhere out there.

There's the Old Nuclear Test Site on the south side of the map that isn't used much, mostly because it's an irradiated mess. If you need to add living people then this probably isn't a good place to do it, unless ghouls are an option for your new people.

Mesquite Mountain Crater has a small camp with some loot and some traps. You'd have to remove the traps if you want people there or your NPCs will set off the traps. On the plus side, it's just a little camp off to the side of the map that most people don't care much about. I don't think I've ever seen a mod do anything with it. On the negative side it's just a small camp. There are no buildings of any sort, though you could probably stick a small shack there if you wanted to.

Just about every existing house, shack, and building has some sort of mod for it.

There's a handful of "Fake Caves" that I don't think anybody has done anything with; first one that comes to mind is near ranger station bravo, next to "The One" wild wasteland encounter.

The suburbs around vegas/freeside are pretty underused, and there's even some ruined/inaccessible buildings you could "renovate".

Shukan for your suggestions. Caves won't suit me at all and you're right, it's super hard to find any existing locale with some kind of landmarks that wasn't touched by someone (Even those suggested here, I've seen used in some popular quest mods, for example I think Mountain Crater I've seen either in Someguy's or maybe even your mod, Radioactivelad? And Ranger Station Bravo territory I already used myself X) ).

In any case, I've decided to go the hard way and make the location from scratch, chose a spot on the opposite of Camp Forlorn Hope's "mountain" which is tragically ironic, so close to safety yet so far.

1517781-1624328995.jpg

Edited by Duskill

Also the fake cave next to The One is used by one of the best mods ever --- Skunkwalker Gulch :D.

But all of this just makes you realize how tiny actually New Vegas map is. I think it'd be a fun idea to unite and create some kind of an extension of the vanilla world space that would be filled up by future modders as a shared space. Sort of a new mandatory like NVSE but for those who'd like to experience new quest mods. Though of course, there's two immediate problems with that: making it a thing for everyone to use it, and how to make the area plausable for those who only play just one or two quest mods that require it (As in, how to avoid big empty world spaces. Maybe it could be solved by creating some kind of natural obstacles that would only allow you to travel past them if you have specific mods that used that area. But again that woul require a very extensive level of coopeeration between all modders : / ).

Edited by Duskill