Announcing Beyond Skyrim: Cyrodiil

1shoedpunk

Yeah, if you think that there'll be 2 more TES games in 3 years, you're being extremely optimistic. I mean, while vanilla Skyrim has some glaring content deficiencies (I have nothing against "fetch me this random McGuffin" quests as such, but Bethesda seemed to have thought that using them in place of more creative writing would be fine - it isn't), it's still a technically impressive achievement, and it's no wonder that there were 5 years between the Oblivion and Skyrim releases.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those look amazing, Cloud Ruler temple wow. Hope it has some kind of quest maybe tied to rebuild the Blades.

Yeah, blades that do not want to kill every dragon in sight, I was rather unimpressed after looking forward to meeting up with the blades, we meet two that are adamant all dragons must die, but I digress from the thread.

Been giving a cursory look at Beyond Skyrim, I've seen ambitious projects like this before, my fingers are crossed that this project does not end up like those, I can visit Cyrodiil any time since I have Oblivion, but it would be great to cross the Skyrim map into Cyrodiil, see the old places, the imperial city, Cheydinhal, not seen Anvil mentioned, maybe I missed it, hope it's part of the project, it was my favourite port city.

Kudos to all those putting in the effort for this project, looking forward to the finished result.

Also for Az0Z who thinks that this is in plausible, why not say that to the guys who are making Skywind. (Morrowind/Skyrim).

skywind is of a different breed altogether the entire story is laid out npcs are already desinged and it is a matter of rescript quests, remodel and retexture as well as reconstruct the interiors and exteriors in ck. this on the other hand is more than that an are will have to go through a lengthy thought process in order to make what would seem a simple elven ruin would take much planning and thought before it is made. for skywind the blueprints are already there

anyway after reading the responses i am happy to know that i may indeed be wrong, though i still have my doubts regarding its completion, i believe that it will come out at some point. the thing is i don't know for sure that point will still be relevant after the next tes game comes out, skyrim seems to be taking a very mild call of duty dumbing down approach and i do mean MILD like with health Regen and the removal of armor and weapon durability and i fear like any CoD game it will fall out of relevance by the time the next game is out. i don't see the elder scrolls going down that far down that path as of yet but i believe it to be a possibility and should be taken with a grain of salt but still. any way thats my thought and believe me i as an avid imperial fan want to see this complete, can i request a screen shot of white gold tower if you guys have done a mockup of it? it is one of my favourite buildings in the elder scrolls series

Edited by Az0Z

Also for Az0Z who thinks that this is in plausible, why not say that to the guys who are making Skywind. (Morrowind/Skyrim).

skywind is of a different breed altogether the entire story is laid out npcs are already desinged and it is a matter of rescript quests, remodel and retexture as well as reconstruct the interiors and exteriors in ck. this on the other hand is more than that an are will have to go through a lengthy thought process in order to make what would seem a simple elven ruin would take much planning and thought before it is made. for skywind the blueprints are already there

The majority of planning is allready done. You do realize the planning phase pf this project started pretty much as Skyrim was released, right? The recent work has been built on a real solid foundation of planning.

The majority of planning is allready done. You do realize the planning phase pf this project started pretty much as Skyrim was released, right? The recent work has been built on a real solid foundation of planning.

so you mean to say that every single interior and exterior is long finished being planned?

so you mean to say that every single interior and exterior is long finished being planned?

He means the majority of the planning (the greater number of something) has already been completed. The recent work (work that has been done not long ago) has been built on the planning foundation, the MAJORITY of which is already done.

• 2 weeks later...