Announcing Beyond Skyrim: Cyrodiil

1shoedpunk

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely. They are hosting their own event the Sunday before E3 starts, so I'm guessing they are going to have lots to talk about. I'm crossing my fingers that Fallout 4 will be one of those things.

Oh boy...fallout online...yay!

I hope if it is a fallout announcement...that it is a real one...and not fallout online.

Definitely. They are hosting their own event the Sunday before E3 starts, so I'm guessing they are going to have lots to talk about. I'm crossing my fingers that Fallout 4 will be one of those things.

Oh boy...fallout online...yay!

I hope if it is a fallout announcement...that it is a real one...and not fallout online.

Definitely possible although I'd be a bit surprised at it, since ESO hasn't come out on consoles yet and so far, it hasn't done all that well from what I hear. You never know though. I'm hoping for another single player game. That's where my interests are always going to be.

Even though we’re moving on, we’ll still have minor updates to Skyrim as needed. We’ve invested so much of ourselves into Skyrim and will never truly say goodbye to it."

Minor updates and not dlc.

But when I think about it, the CK and the workshop just get updates, and tom said "just one more game on creation." could fallout 4 be built like skyrim?

These provinces are all built on the same heightmap and they are sharing assets, knowledge and even team members. So these mods will all be compatible with each other.

That sounds like a hard task but a great way to keep organized. I never touched on heightmaps before. Can you plot out cells on it? I would assume youd have to draw the height map first and try your best to get your cells to look similar?

These provinces are all built on the same heightmap and they are sharing assets, knowledge and even team members. So these mods will all be compatible with each other.

That sounds like a hard task but a great way to keep organized. I never touched on heightmaps before. Can you plot out cells on it? I would assume youd have to draw the height map first and try your best to get your cells to look similar?

You use a program like Oscape, which takes your heightmP and generates the landscape for it. The landscape is then cluttered with trees, bushes, brush, grass and more by our landscapers.

• 1 year later...

I like the idea of seeing an Oblivion as it would be now versus recreating it as it was in the original game. That should also give your team plenty of leeway to simplify the project as you had described, certain lostr areas, a couple familiar areas but not recreating all the Cyrodiil areas. Should make for a much more realistic goal and completion time-frame. Best of luck to you and your team, I'll be keeping an eye out for it for sure!

• 1 year later...