Universal Working Bathroom Fixtures

UlfricsRevenge

I asked a question on the discussion page of this mod but the question was deleted. I PMed him the question instead, noting that perhaps it would be best afterall not to clutter a public discussion page with these questions. Not receiving an answer for 24 hours, I finally returned to the PM and saw he had left the discussion without answering it.

I'm uncertain why the author of this mod so adamantly refuses to answer questions which arise from his own mod. So I will ask it here instead.

The description page says: "This mod replaces pre-vis in certain cells. If you get pre-culling issues in those cells (white see-through or invisible walls), then you have a load order conflict and need to load UWBF after any mod that edits the same cells."

I noted in my original deleted question that this fix indeed solved my problem in one cell (Vault 111), but I had concerns about it in the greater game. He wrote that this is a "load order conflict." To me (and I could be wrong) that means Mod A and Mod B are both trying to touch the same things. If Mod A (in this case UWBF) loses the conflict, it makes all the walls disappear. So you simply load it after Mod B. But how do I know that somewhere else, another mod conflicting with UWBF and losing the conflict, won't be the one causing the walls to disappear?

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to explain this in just a little more detail than that mod's description page. To anyone who might say "Why don't you research it for yourself," I would say yes, you're probably right. But aside from the fact that I don't think I'd know where to start, it seems to me that when someone releases a mod that makes changes capable of such destruction to the game world, they owe more than a simple "load my mod last" warning along with the deletion of any posts inquiring further.

It's all about the PreVis. :) If two mods touch the same cell, the last one loaded wins. It appears that the bathroom mod changes previs, no idea why.... but, without those changes, you get the "view into the void" affect, if you have another mod that touches the same cell loading later, as THAT mods previs, (if present) trumps what's in the bathroom mod. If it doesn't contain previs information, I suspect it defaults back to vanilla, which will be broken. That's a guess... but, gives you the basic idea. :D