Stairs without Navmesh

aurreth

Could you assign ownership of all the furniture in the apartment to the player?

I'd have to look. There is something, keyword or actor value, that says "this piece of furniture is for relaxing". So when the relaxation period comes up for the settler they sort of pick one of those and go to it.

Ah, it's a keyword, FurnitureClassRelaxation. You'd have to remove that from everything in the flat, but without removing it from all other uses of the same furniture.

To prevent NPC's from showing up in your 'personal' space, you would need to make it impossible for NPC's to 'navigate' the area, not just the way to get there.

As the game will drop NPC's on a navmeshed part of the settlement as soon as you jump there.

For example, I created a treehut at the 'Hero' tree in Sanctuary. As I removed the lower stairs to prevent direct access, There was no way for NPC's to get up there.

Still I found Preston Garvey (amongst others) to stand inside my treehut again and again :confused:

If there's a navmesh present, the game will drop NPC's onto it. Whether its 'reachable' or not.

edit:

This can go as far as NPC's inside foundations, if you where to stack them. As the bottom foundation has a navmesh, so the engine will use the lower navmesh as easy as the top one (resulting in NPC's stuck inside) ...

Edited by RoNin1971

This can go as far as NPC's inside foundations, if you where to stack them. As the bottom foundation has a navmesh, so the engine will use the lower navmesh as easy as the top one (resulting in NPC's stuck inside) ...

Ah. I always wondered why they ignored floors and foundation blocks. I have one terraced build I had to stop using because I was constantly having to pull NPC's out of the floor as they tried to farm crops from underneath.