archiveinvalidation DIY

Barkester1

I tend to prefer the command line though as all learning can be applied to later projects and builds on itself across all applications. I already know how to read and move a mouse, so Wrye has nothing to teach or practice. Just memorization of clicks I'll use maybe twice that need be learned anew for every app and site ad infinitum. They seem as different as checkers and chess to me.

Wrye does seem the way for Lutris, though. Someone with experience with it would likely really like this setup.

And as for OBSE, I recall some rant about copyrights and required sign-in or some nonsense in a text file with one of the SEs (maybe NVSE?) and never bothered with any of them again. That was years ago and they are mostly used for followers anyway. No loss to me.

Thanks for all the ideas. More than I needed by far and with many of the bits I needed. OUtside of finding a couple settings in Wrye, this post is cooked. Hope it helps the next guy. ...

All testing was done on Ubuntu with torrented GOG copies and Lutris and a final note. Oblivion will find the iso if you simply do the mount command on the command line. No apps required.