Prevent mods self-disabling and shifting in load order.

ImmortalAbsol

I found that suddenly I had 100% consistency CTD at main menu, after many hours on my save.

I looked on NMM and mods were in different positions in the load order and random mods were 'Activated' in the mods tab but 'disabled' in the plugins tab, all without any input from me.

I've put everything back to the best of my ability but still got the CTD.

While troubleshooting it happened again, mods shifted and mods disabled.

I've probably lost my installation but I need to know how to prevent this in future, a setting so that only a user/admin can edit those things and the computer can't do anything like that without asking permission (or just doesn't try to)??

Thanks.

P.S. I find things like this a crushing blow and it's leaves me low for longer than is reasonable, so please no negative replies. Be gentle.

Guest deleted34304850

just a thought here - you could write protect your plugins.txt file - and maybe take a nightly backup - or - any time you want to load up fallout 4, wrap a batch file around it that would write your plugins.txt to another file as a sort of backup measure?

do the same if you invoke your mod manager so that if any unexpected activity takes place, it will fail due to lack of access and/or you can restore from a previous version?