Publish mod as "work-in-progress" or wait until it is done? Publish it at all?

Publishing the mod depends on whether or not you want to give up control of the mod.

With the direction the Nexus is moving towards mod packs, once published you will give up the right to remove the mod or the right to determine if it can be included in a mod pack.

What?

I thought "modpacks" were not allowed on nexus ...

But yes, once something is "uploaded to the internet", it is out there and can't be "deleted" or "removed", that is just the way it is ...

(Except if YOU hope to find something that has been deleted, then it seemingly just vanishes without a trace ...)

Publishing the mod depends on whether or not you want to give up control of the mod.

With the direction the Nexus is moving towards mod packs, once published you will give up the right to remove the mod or the right to determine if it can be included in a mod pack.

What?

I thought "modpacks" were not allowed on nexus ...

But yes, once something is "uploaded to the internet", it is out there and can't be "deleted" or "removed", that is just the way it is ...

(Except if YOU hope to find something that has been deleted, then it seemingly just vanishes without a trace ...)

They aren't, unless they are. Just one of the many unpublished changes to the Terms and Policies.

I can't find the original published notice, but "collections" (a rose by any other name........) is the current in fashion term for "mod packs".

This link is to one of the many discussions on the topic of the mod author's loss of control of their property https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/10211698-collections-on-nexusmods/

Well, I already just offered you my landscape textures (which I could even customize for you) over at the other thread , but I'll add that if you have any textures which you need replaced, I'm willing to have a look if I'm able to create you an alternative for some of it.

Edited by RoNin1971

Well, I already just offered you my landscape textures (which I could even customize for you) over at the other thread , but I'll add that if you have any textures which you need replaced, I'm willing to have a look if I'm able to create you an alternative for some of it.

That is really nice of you!

I am using the meshes and textures of "commonwealth conifers" for most of the "vegetation".

Sooo ....

I have been thinking about this for some time ...

And I came to the conclusion that I will not publish it, for now ...

I might re-consider this decision when one of the following things occur:

• When it is done
  • When I need feedback on something
  • When I have made some quests that are actually "playable"