newb question about console commands, but need someone experienced to

Bleakwail

I realize this question is going to sound stupid with allot of (why don't you just test it?) Initial responses, but here it is, followed by the reason why I can't exactly conveniently test it myself;

When you enable console commands, such as "TCL" and "sky (s)"

Will these remain on or off after you quit to desktop, shut your PC down, then boot back up and load Skyrim up again?

Or will collision (TCL) and sky (s) commands revert back to their default settings?

My PC started have major performance issues about an hour after I finished playing skyrim yesterday, and quit the game.

Walking 5 paces takes over 2 minutes now. That is how slow my pc became, and I am trying to fix it. For now, I cannot play Skyrim.

The last time I played, I was messing with the console, and I can't remember if I may have typed in some codes in error, such as "TCL" and others.

I quit to desktop and shut the pc down.

The next time I boot up skyrim will all of the console commands be set back to default?

I really appreciate any help to my silly query.

As a general rule, most console commands that you enter will be reset to their default values when you restart your game.

God Mode will be turned back off.

Collision, if turned off, will be on again. So will AI and Combat AI.

Anything you use the "disable" or "markfordelete" commands on will still be gone when you next fire up your game.

Try pressing (without Skyrim running) CTRL + ALT + ESC (this will open the Task Manager) look for a program that's excessively using your processor (just a slight suggestion). It may be a coincidence that this happened, I've not heard of this happening before, and yes, I can confirm that any commands (TGM, TCL, etc.) are removed when your game is closed. However, a small note of warning. Do NOT use the "disable" command excessively. This only causes the "object" you use it on to become "invisible" in-game. Its AI processes and technically the entity still exist. MarkForDelete is much safer. Also, in-game, try running the command "PCB", this will purge your cell buffer, and causes the game to reload data, this may resolve your issue, though I can't guarantee this.

Try a save from before you messed with the console commands.

This is also a good suggestion. I hope one of the previous suggestions, either from myself, or others, helps you with your problem.