ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Dragon Age support for NMM, DA2 support incoming, site splits and top

Dark0ne

I may have run into an issue with DA mods in NMM. DAO Modmanager allowed you to configure override files but NMM doesn't seem to have that functionality from what I can tell making some mod features unusable... http://dragonage.nexusmods.com/mods/2084/? for example. Will it cause any problems to use both mod managers? I know other games have issues trying to use multiple mod manangers.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have run into an issue with DA mods in NMM. DAO Modmanager allowed you to configure override files but NMM doesn't seem to have that functionality from what I can tell making some mod features unusable... http://dragonage.nexusmods.com/mods/2084/? for example. Will it cause any problems to use both mod managers? I know other games have issues trying to use multiple mod manangers.

The short answer is: You can use both just fine.

The longer answer is: Neither one will "know" about the mods you've installed with the other, except to the extent that both can read the various directories ("\override", "\addins", etc.) where the mods are placed when they're "installed". But that doesn't mean that they can deal with removing ones the other added, and so one of the chief benefits of using a Manager is lost when you use two of them.

Remember, unlike the Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim style of mods, DAO/DA2 doesn't have a "load order". So what would be "conflicting mods" for other games simply becomes "one works and the other doesn't" for DA. ;D

So I had to reinstall Dragon Age 1&2. I come back to the Nexus for some must have mods and find that the games/mods are across 2 pages now. Thank you so much for splitting up the Dragon Age sites, you have made my day.

Can you help me? I wanna download Ser Gilmore First Night. I already have Ser Gilmore and it works. Help.. :/

Errrmmm...

1. Go to dragonage.nexusmods.com

2. Click "Files" button at the top of the page

3. Type "Gilmore" in the "file name contains" field

4. Press "Enter"

5. Click on the 3rd result

Ok, here. I did it for you: Ser Gilmores First Night Romance Scene Addon. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

so any files that contain the "Chargenmorphcfg" that you had to compile and manually install in the correct files, and blah, you no longer have to worry about? NMM will handle all of it for you now? Because I have to reinstall my DA game, it would be a dream come true if I don't have figure out how to re-hand install all the mods again into the right files!

Seriously. I forgot how to since I haven't played DA in a while... if I don't have to manually install mods anymore and NMM will do it all for me... I don't know what I'll do with myself. Scream for joy.... maybe :) Since only one Chargenmorphcfg can be a primary in the folder at the same time as another... and NMM can sort it out since its an amazing program with Skyrim... it would be amazing.... a breath of fresh air, a serious relief! Anyone know?

• 2 weeks later...

so any files that contain the "Chargenmorphcfg" that you had to compile and manually install in the correct files, and blah, you no longer have to worry about? NMM will handle all of it for you now? Because I have to reinstall my DA game, it would be a dream come true if I don't have figure out how to re-hand install all the mods again into the right files!

Seriously. I forgot how to since I haven't played DA in a while... if I don't have to manually install mods anymore and NMM will do it all for me... I don't know what I'll do with myself. Scream for joy.... maybe :smile: Since only one Chargenmorphcfg can be a primary in the folder at the same time as another... and NMM can sort it out since its an amazing program with Skyrim... it would be amazing.... a breath of fresh air, a serious relief! Anyone know?

Sorry, NMM doesn't do this for you. But Terra_Ex's outstanding utility "CharGenMorph Compiler" does! (And for DA2 as well. :thumbsup: )