Does anyone still play Skyrim?

Lehcar

I keep coming back to the game periodically, trying out new mods, experimenting with new characters, etc. I have never been terribly active around here to begin with, though, and lately I've spent most of my time on other message boards.

Edited by Relativelybest

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After WoW, LotRO and UWO I'm fed up with MMOs and their generic recipes/formulaes. I came late to Skyrim - last December - but since then I've had a blast - and I've restarted a great many times while trying new mods. And I haven't *really* tackled modding yet. Hopefully I'll have made myself a house by the time TES:VI comes around.

I just started Skyrim in Feb. I've played MMOs only since 2003, SWG, EQ2, AOC, GW. etc. Tired of the homogenization and LCD pandering to a single demographic. I think my GW2 experience killed MMOs for me.

If you don't enjoy a certain aspect of an MMO and mention it...there will be no shortage of people telling you not to let the door hit you on the way out.

Here.. if something bugs you, there is probably a mod for it. From huge gameplay changes to small cosmetics. I love it. The other day I was hating on the horrible yellow default for scaled armor... and sure enough, looked, and there was a mod for that.

The other aspect is limitations. Want more hairstyles in a MMO? You will get 50 excuses why they can't, and a week later they will add a couple in the Cash Store. Here, modders, on thier own, provide more, more variety, more niche tastes, more options. There can never be too many options.

I'm very happy my son convinced me to try this. I was on the verge of just giving up on Gaming.

Still playing Skyrim, with my band of Night Elves, but after at least 4 dozen or so characters and completing almost everything many times over I'm starting to become tired of it now, even with 150+ mods.

I can't go back to Oblivion though, I've played it to death and it feels too dated now.