the solution i found was SUPPOSED to be permanent

bUseThreadedAI=1
iNumHWThreads=2
that's what i'm supposed to edit the fallout ini file too
and it worked for a day....
then just now... it started freezing again -_-
and it's not my monitor cause i tried my HD and my regular
they both had the freeze issue
so, unless anyone has a good suggestion, i guess i'm destined to NOT play fallout games -_-
f*** man....
EDIT:
reverted to an older save and it seems ok for now...
Edited by WrathofOmega666

To

WrathofOmega666

Falout3, is one of the MOST ! cantankerous , misbehaving games on the planet that is popular. there are others LOL that would simply drive you nut's.

but. IT was my hope to get you past a ten minut mark. if that has taken place, then my time spent was not wasted. Regardless of any tweaks and fixes you may try to do on your own, remember, we are not there, all we have is what you post here to go by and what we have experienced our selves to help you figure out whats wrong. basic freezing up is a graphics issue, possibly a dynamic response in the code and you have had a graph chart of up's and down's like a down Jones money chart ! LOL. yeah, we deal with a lot. pin pointing an issue such as yours requires data, some reads of things, and a tech with you there to see for him or her self as some of us have done to actually see whats going on. Big speech. not again. nut's.

extracting the excerpts from this dialog shows we are no in the same loop as we need to be. Omitting facts is not a good way to get the right advice.

Hence I don't respond.

• you claimed you did every thing.
  • yet here we see you have not.
  • ini settings not done and now have been done.
  • same problem.
  • drivers tweaks done and yet not done.
  • C:\Program files. install directory is not on any slave drives as stipulated earlier, that's an omission.
  • slave drive would start in common sense's D:\ ; E:\ etc.. and so on.
  • slave drive indicates to a technician that #1, User account control is NOT involved to a certain extent here.
  • we find this was not the case and was in full force.
  • you are using both old an d new saved games while dealing with remote diagnostic help from people that have only your word to go by.
  • we are left ....speechless to the turn of events, have no avenue to go by that can be in a controlled manner in this insinuation.
  • frustration depictions do not help us or you. calm cool heads and clean layouts do.
  • last: any files you may have downloaded and were too quick to install, may in fact be corrupt, or are corrupting the game you are trying to play.
  • Steam is involved, yet another slightly Omitted circumstance here. "I deal with retail, DVD ,dinosaur versions of the games. Not digital distributed versions. Yes, I can advise you with them, no, they are not the same animal, retail has no overlay, or internet involvement unless it a DRM issue.
  • the fact the game even runs removes this part.
  • Claimed the steam actions were involved as to not activating parts of "A game". and now has, and allowed it to run.<<___ that's not cool
  • interference and mismanaged data is the cause so far as we can see here.
  • A trip to a freinds house who has falout 3 and steam version installed and verified proved to be a clean install, settings set to remove steam to run the game removed all inheritances except the updating features which can not be shut off as long as steam is running, any mods added that do not register on the servers get invalidated so the will not load. set steam to not run the game as a steam game is counter to the game it's self as it is a steam game and not retail. the file size on disc of the main engine and launcher will show this, + the DRM code is not retail so that data is live man. and is running in ram.
  • all this is what we know. what we do not know is why it's freezing up. instructions were given, but anxiousness takes over. does that system have enough ram to handle the swap file + in ram specs expected from this game? IS the data Vanilla default running badly? how long can it run B4 a freeze occurs? and last.....in all of this, no thing mentioned about any CTD's.......and I find that rather funny. Just freezing only.
  • all points to inordinate hardware specs or miss configured data, corrupted downloads and bad selections of mods. IF any? you have to look at this from our point of view, what are we to think?

a guess is based on what you tell us. find a good gamer near you and have he or she look over your setup.

kitty.