My Collections Feedback

Franpa

Feel free to merge this in to the relevant mega-thread on this topic.

1) The system should be opt-in, not opt-out and it should include a 30 day grace period where they can cancel opting in.

2) Modders should be allowed to individually opt-in mods they've submitted to the website instead of an all or nothing approach. I do not see any value in preventing modders from being able to individualize what gets permanently added to such a system.

3) When opting in a mod it will include all optional components and older versions of the mod currently available in that mods Downloads section.

1) The system should be opt-in, not opt-out and it should include a 30 day grace period where they can cancel opting in.

2) Modders should be allowed to individually opt-in mods they've submitted to the website instead of an all or nothing approach. I do not see any value in preventing modders from being able to individualize what gets permanently added to such a system.

3) When opting in a mod it will include all optional components and older versions of the mod currently available in that mods Downloads section.

Won't work. That would exclude the majority of mods here on the site, as a fair few authors are no longer active.

There won't be an opt-out option either. That would defeat the purpose of collections.

Guest deleted34304850

there is no discussion here - they're not looking for ideas or feedback, its been announced and it clearly says if you don't like it, leave.

that's the end of the discussion.

The god "Dark0ne (Robin Scott)" has spoken and unless we want to do what everyone already has been doing. I.e manual downloading and installing mods. we need to fork up 4$ a month to use the new collection system "as it will be best for everyone really". As free users HAVE to still install manually. The collection list (Mod Pack) will just give a link to the page and we do what we been doing for years already.

Fun fact: The wiki entry already has the collection listed as the websites ONLY controversy and youtubers like Juciehead and others as well as major gaming websites have already pointed out this is taking away mod makers rights for something they didnt make or own to begin with

Edited by maxmanatarms

I am fairly sure it is Opt-In

By using the resources of the Nexus servers, bandwidth and website to share your mod you agree to Opt-In to the collection?

They are being given option right now to not be part of it.

Fun Fact:

Anyone can edit the wiki and the wiki isn't scholarly information.

Edited by TexMex477

By using the resources of the Nexus servers, bandwidth and website to share your mod you agree to Opt-In to the collection?

Fun Fact:

System isnt opt in offical post says so. The "WIKI" entry can be edited by anyone. Google Nexus Mod Collection. gameinformer/polygon/pcgamesn have all stated this is pretty much a armed robbery. and you appearently dont read. here is a link. https://www.nexusmods.com/news/14538 The official post of "this is happening. No opt outs or ins. You either give up rights to your files or you delete every mod you have. No in between no middle ground.

Let me and everyone who doesn't like the new system state again "THIS IS NO OPT OUT OPTION"

Edited by maxmanatarms

Guest deleted34304850

Fun Fact:

before you post absolute bobbins, why don't you go off and read?

i mean really, how hard can it be to educate yourself?