Marto collection

Ludsama

Hi, I would like to submit an idea I got recently while playing with one of my favorite swords, that is Highlander Sword. The Masuhiro katana with ivory tsuka and dragon kashira that Koto Hideo bequeathed Duncan MacLeod. Although the sword can look like it, this is definitely not it, which is obvious to any conoisseur/HIGHLANDER fan, which I am.

So I would like to request if there are any other fans or simply swords enthousiasts out there that like the work of Marto as much as I do, and would like to take on making models for some of the most beautiful and legendary swords made by this manufacturer.

I'd personally would like both Mac Leod Katana, Duncan's Masuhiro and Connor's Masamune; The sword of MacLeod; the Kurgan's sword; Richie Ryan's Don Quijote rapier; Rebecca Horne's/Amanda Montrose's sword; Methos's sword (Ivanohe in Marto's catalogue); Marto's Excalibur; Catholic Kings and Charles V swords; Garcia de Paredes sword (the one with round crossguard finished by balls and sporting one ring on each side of the blade); Robin Hood's sword; Lancelot du Lac's sword; Prince Valiant's Singing Sword; Richard I's sword; and Frederic I Redbeard's sword.

I am aware that might be a bit much ;D but I am not asking ALL of them, and certainly not at the same time, mind me. Just my selfish wish as a sword lover.

Voilà, thank you.

The Sword Excalibur by Crazy Lion from KingAurthur 2004
http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/43339//?

Excalibur Sword by theMackie by JDFan and theMackie this one is is one your list

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/13162//?

and here is quest bases on the Excalibur Sword by theMackie by JDFan and theMackie

Trials of The Nine Quest by scarycave
http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/42699//?

oops almost forgot this
Art of War weapon pack 1 by RDjeke
http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/4687//?

Duncan MacLeod Highlander Sword

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=4629

if this mod can get converted for oblivion then there e some more nice word like the robin hood sword
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1017300-ewis-true-weaponry-of-viscounts-and-sirrahs-weapon-pack-by-ichibu-blutkult-ewi65-irikedownroading/

Edited by ElderScrollsFan001

Aye, aye :biggrin: I know about theMackie's work; actually I am myself running it as my all-purpose blade. Just thought that Marto Toledo's "Grabado Profundo" (understand Deep Carving) was a charming sight to behold and I'd share it here for the sake of the art. The idea of the quest to obtain it might be a good idea though; always thought it was a bit far fetched just buying it from Urbulg Gro-Orkulg and that's it. The One's holy sword might want to be deserved and earned instead of merely purchased. I'll look into this, hoping it will still update it's power every 5, 10, 15, 20~25 Levels still, Because having to wait Lv100 to get the strongest version of the sword doesn't appeal to me. Besides there already IS a sword that the Nine Divines bestow their Chosen One with; wouldn't throwing in another one be a little too much. I feel like that would , like, totally dwarf the importance of the Crusader's sword?

This says, I don't know where he got the model for his Excalibur, but it's nearly the same as Marto's. You can clearly see the 2 dragons on each quillon of the crossguard and even the chimaeras; the thing that differs is the pommel which depicts a dragon on theMackie's sword instead of 2 bucks. I always thought it lacked in luster too, but I supose it's only because it's supposed to be 600 years old, being restored as its power grows alongside yours and all.

I am ALSO running Clive Owen's version by Crazy Lion ;D (I know, I know, "what does this guy ask then?")); also running RDjeke's mod for his Templar Sword and OMFG!! now, THAT's what I call Duncan MacLeod's katana! It's not the series version alright. This one is the one used in HIGHLANDER ENDGAME movie, that I talked about earlier. The difference is that this one is more alike Connor's, depicting a dragon's body unfurling from the fuchi (ring below the tsuba/guard) to the molded, dragon head-shaped, kashira (pommel) instead of sporting everyday life in medieval Japan, being finished by a distinct dragon headed still kashira affixed to the tsuka (hilt) by a copper joint. Well in both cases, both EXTR3M368 and Jannix Quinn half-assed on the tsuba design, which actually depicts two phoenixes. That's a shame I have the actual sword but no pics to upload. Now, I have one, thank you, Quick Cam 5000 :cool: The first picture is a bit blurry but that's the best I could get in close up, not willing to totally dismantle the katana in order to shoot the tsuba on a flat plane. But that shows the actual shape of the tsuba.

I checked on the last link and indeed, that's the Robin Hood's sword I was talking about. The pic was just too big for the forum. It would be nice if it were to be ported to Oblivion indeed.

As far as theMackie Excalibur I think it was based on the the one from the 1981 movie "Excalibur". Marto version is a well made re-imagine of it unless he was the one that made the original..which IDK of

I mainly run with the Trial on the Nine mod version and use the Excalibur the you can buy in theMackie to give to other Knight partners I have..... the way the T0N versions work i find i doesn't diminish the crusader sword that much just add the the crusader's arsenal

Also KOTNR make the crusader sword evern much more of a worthy weapon

know here a sword that Marto Toledo made for the TV show Hercules that i wouldn't mind see made as well

http://getasword.com/2909-thickbox/hercules-sword-silver-by-marto.jpg

Marto Toledo has indeed an Hercules the series sword, as well as Xena I think. Their Excalibur comes in 5 flavours: Gold/Silver; Silver/Gold, Enamel (gold paint); Silver, and Bronze which is my personal favorite; it gives the sword the olden look that a sword dating from the 5th Century should have, even after being restored. The Black and Gold version you are talking about is the Enamel one. It's beautoful; but a bit too "yellowish" to be natural even for gold, besides being fragile, as the enamel paint is easily cracked if you're not cautious. I forgot to mention this one, for a Templar sword: Robert of Locksley from Robin Hood movie, by Ridley Scott, starring Russell Crowe. I think it's worth. It's Simple yet beautiful, beautiful by its simplicity I'd say. The lema " Rise and rise again, till lambs become lions" is striking. About as much as the "SIGILLVM MILITVM XPISTI" / "NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED TUO NOMINI DA GLORIAM" on the Templars' weapons. I like this one I stumbled upon. The pommel is very beautiful, don't you think?

And more interpretations of Robin Hood's sword, as well as one of my all-time favorite: Charlemagne's Joyeuse, because, heh, I am French :cool:

I been looking to see if there a tutorial for converting mods like this to oblivion....I seem stuff for armor, but nothing for weapons and from what I've read i have to have Skyrim which i don't ATM :(

but as we seen recently it has to be possible.

but maybe you might get lucky and get a expert mesh maker to work on the strait up for oblivion