How do YOU play Skyrim?

Lurker101

What goes through your head? What additional plots have you personally added to the game? Since you start off on a cart with no backstory, what history do you pin on the protagonist?

Personally, I like to think my character is the Lone Wanderer from Vault 101. The (Broken Steel) ending doesn't specify that the Lone Wanderer hangs around so I just think that he was ripped out of the Capital wasteland by some drunken deity. Wakes up on Doc Mitchels stretcher thinking "What the...!?". And depending on how you played New Vegas, it doesn't specify him hanging around so *fwoomp* and wake up on the back of a cart, seeing a Stormcloak and a thief. The reason he doesn't speak on the journey is he's too busy thinking "Oh crap, not again!"

It's why, even if you're a Nord, you know nothing about nothing in Skyrim. Don't you see, the HUD is just the left over tech in your head from the Big Empty.

Anyway, that's me. What about you?

Edited by Lurker101

I use the Army of Darkness method, in which I imagine that my character was sucked into a time vortex and dumped into Skyrim like some kind of jet-lagged time-travelling department store clerk. This works especially well for characters that I design after other games/movies/books/etc. as it explains how the heck they got there. It also gives me an excuse to look down on the people of Skyrim as a bunch of backwards savages.

A student heading for the College of Winterhold who has never been in a violent situation before. He very quickly realizes he's going to have to learn to survive in a world that seems to want to kill him, and that he'll have to learn this well before he even sees the College.

"Come on, Breton, get up! The Gods won't give us another chance."

Ralof's words ring forever true, and Ralof will always be a true friend.

A born Werewolf hailing from a small Pure Blood Werewolf Nation living in the impenetrable Mountain terrains bordering Skyrim, Cyrodiil and Hammerfell...he wandered too far in the hunt and wound up too far into Skyrim territory....has a rich a very fleshed out back story and personality, morality, etc....

Current character's a Breton squire, followed the knight she was training under into skyrim to investigate and kill dragons because, hell, that's what knights do. Except our chivalric boss has been bumped off by thalmor for been a heretical Talos worshiper and she's been bungled into a cart for execution ( or simply left for dead, if I'm usuing Live another life.)

The squire's pretty much lost and useless right now, relying on light armor and sneakyness to survive, but perhaps as she performs great deeds she'll slowly fill the role her old master left behind, moving into heavy armor and two handers, gaining scars and warpaints, earning the right to own property, horses and titles and become a proper knight.

Although it's quite possible she'll fall from the path entirely, join the brotherhood or the vampirics, become a Blackguard or a villain. :]

Edited by Grayfell

I`am a God. I weld lands together and change them for better, I spawn humans and beasts from nothing but air, I start wars and build cities, I give intelligence to all living and all dead though nothing will ever reach my greatness. Unfortunately I never succeed. For the most part My worlds are failed - they crash by My foolish mistakes. No God is perfect, unfortunately same could be told about Me. I`m getting better though and soon I`ll be able to build the perfect world for Myself to live in and forget all this madness.

I normally play an Imperal, Drucillus Tacitus came from Cyrodiil to join the army and make certain she was not posted to some dull outpost for guard duty but actually got to do some fighting for the empire. Another character Vipsanius Agrippa travelled to Skyrim to study at Winterhold before getting sucked into the story. Personally I have little sympathy with the Stormcloaks as they are portrayed in the game. They are complete A-holes, racist, provincial and let by a character whose motives are suspect and who is clearly compromised by the Thalmor who he claims to oppose.

I did once download the 'fellowship of the ring' and played as a hobbit. It was just a shame the games combat mechanics didn't allow for 'below the belt' critical hits or the halfling would have had it all his own way :biggrin: It was still pretty funny though.

well i always try to create a background story for my characters

a example is my current play thru a female nord warior who who s father was a imperial soldier during the great war and stayed in cyrodill after the war stayed there and got married

that is why she seems more cultivated than the average nord that is why her love for more advanced armours than just fur or steelnor is she shy of using magic

another character is a female breton whos mother married a nord and lived in markath her father was murdered when she was still a infant her mother fled from markath and found refuge among the forsworn where she grew up with a hatred to everything nord

using the alternative start live another life mod makes it more fun making a background story

creating a background stoy is part of the fun of any RPG paper and dice to PC rpgs

Edited by kleinstaff

i usually try to create a background story (yay alt start)

my main currently is a ningheim (who's the guildmaster of the thieves guild)

prior to that she was a scout for valtheim towers, picking out caravans and killing game for the bandits that lived there. one day she got bored and left.

about a month and a half later she walks by the same towers and they try to make her pay a "fee," guess they didn't recognize her (she got them to lower the "Cost")

another one i'm starting up is a ashen "paladin" (magic incapable) that lived in markarth until she got hit on the back of the head by a few forsworn.

took her a few days to get to a city and she ended up in solitude instead (not without some spoils of course: picked up a glowing shard from a dwemer ruin)