Skyrim - mods - PC crash

pepakokota

Hello i am only one?

i bought skyrim a few days ago first day i was playing without mods but suddenly my skyrim start to lag so i close it and restart my PC but!...

but it deleted some software files so there was no windows... so i installed a new windows instal mods to skyrim and it happend again but now it wiped both my SSD's

i was talking with my friend who is a IT guy and he was saying maybe it would be in some mods could be a some type of "Worm" or something like that... that can delete your files from your disks, he was saying that could be a AMD problem cuz AMD is more prone to that.

i wanted know if anyone else has the same problem.
sorry for my english

i dont think its just weird when i download the mods so itself wiped my 2 SSD while playing skyrim if it would be 1 time i would say yea it could happend but second time? and always its saying the same thing : Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key, its just weird it happends only on skyrim with mods without mods it was good

Hello i am only one?

i bought skyrim a few days ago first day i was playing without mods but suddenly my skyrim start to lag so i close it and restart my PC but!...

but it deleted some software files so there was no windows... so i installed a new windows instal mods to skyrim and it happend again but now it wiped both my SSD's

i was talking with my friend who is a IT guy and he was saying maybe it would be in some mods could be a some type of "Worm" or something like that... that can delete your files from your disks, he was saying that could be a AMD problem cuz AMD is more prone to that.

sorry for my english

i dont think its just weird when i download the mods so itself wiped my 2 SSD while playing skyrim if it would be 1 time i would say yea it could happend but second time? and always its saying the same thing : Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key, its just weird it happends only on skyrim with mods without mods it was good

Hello i am only one?

sorry for my english

Coincidence. Skyrim, or mods, cannot delete files, or change anything on your machine. Something else is going on. Either a drive is thinking about failing, bad SATA cable, bad port, failing controller, etc. Now, playing the game certainly puts more of a strain on your machine, and may be responsible for prompting it to bad behavior, but, the game itself CANNOT do what you are blaming it for.

In order to discover if there was some kind of malware in your mods or the game itself, as your IT friend suggested, one must ask. Are you playing the game through Steam, and where are you downloading your mods from?

As HeyYou has stated neither Skyrim nor mods can cause the actions you have described, it would have to be a third party causing your problems.

I run a total of 76 mods for skryim, and have been able to use old rim mods on skryim vr with out porting. I Have never had an issue, certainly not one that wipes a hard drive.

(I aslo have a master back up on a ssd external just incase.) Same for Fo4 - no issues. %90 of the mods are from here but a few are from an external site.

I have to agree with hey you's reply. FNIS Behaviors can cause issue if not used correctly, or mods that write over existing files. Sounds like a hardware problem. Hard to know with out more info. like what mods you are running, and what hardware you are using. my old machine i was running a GTX 1070 and it ran with no issues. And if its wiping windows, a mod wont do that.

Side note, if you cut the power or hard reset while a hdd or ssd is writing it can wipe and possibly corrupt the drive. ( During updates, saving or transferring etc.)

And if you dont already no this, if your running mods on skyrim you should be launching with sse launcher not the main skyrim launcher, this will cause issues as well.

Hello i am only one?

sorry for my english

Coincidence. Skyrim, or mods, cannot delete files, or change anything on your machine. Something else is going on. Either a drive is thinking about failing, bad SATA cable, bad port, failing controller, etc. Now, playing the game certainly puts more of a strain on your machine, and may be responsible for prompting it to bad behavior, but, the game itself CANNOT do what you are blaming it for.

i am dowloading mods from Nexus mods and i am playing Skyrim on Steam all legit no crack or anything

i wouldnt say if do with other games but just with skyrim it does :/ so i stopped play skyrim cuz of that :(