ex-hialgo user needs help with crashes involving enb

Tayot84

Once upon a time I had hialgo installed for few weeks, didn't really like it so I uninstalled it. Or so I thought.

I've recently decided to try out ENB (I'm not much of an enb guy) after seeing a gopher vid about the realistic enb and after installing that my Skyrim refused to get to the start menu. After several tests, long troubleshoots, and reading up on the latest reasons why Skyrim crashes I narrowed down my issue to the hialgo and enb conflict because if I remove all enb the game starts and I read people who had hialgo uninstalled still get problems

I did consider that I may have added conflicting enb options, this is what I have installed:

wrapper version

with the realistic preset from project enb

blur sharp only and sweet fx injector options

option A (ssao and dof)

dynamic bokeh dof

set up skyrimprefs.ini

and this is being ran with climates of tamerial

I'm 99% sure that it's hialgo, the 1% is if I've made a dumb mistake, like I said, not an enb guy.

I ran the .bat unistaller as instructed, validated files with steam, checked file versions of skyrim, cot, enb, all up to date, redid all of my graphics settings, and deleted all hialgo files that scans of my hard drive could find. So other than removing all of skyrim and reinstalling it, I have done everything I can.

What I need is someone that knows a trick, patch, file edit, etc. that will help with this annoying problem, please.

Or someone who knows that I've made a dumb mistake.

Here is a picture of the files in the game folder if that helps:

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z372/Tayot84/Skyrim_folder.png

haiglo and ENB work together fine...

refusing to get into the start menu is missing a master to a plugin... If ENB fails to load it simply doesnt work... ENB wont crash your game.

check yoru mods with BOSS / NMM and make sure none of them are missing a master... Make sure if you use any form of SkyProc (eg. ReProccer) you have ran it, since Project ENB adds a few plugins your load order has changed. Also make sure that if you use Project ENB + a lighting mods like ELFX or RLO that you have no installed the additional mods that come with it (Alvor's home, Dynamic shadows and Further Darken Dungeons for ENB) Fixed Eye Adaptation is fine but it must be loaded before any lighting mod you might have or it will conflict.

Also, HiAlgo removes a couple of files (when the .bat is used) which may still be required for Skyrim to run properly. I don't recall which files these are and I'm away from my computer now (typing via ps3) but I recall HiAlgo giving a warning about these files - so perhaps temporarily install HiAlgo again and replace the files once you know what they are.

haiglo and ENB work together fine...

refusing to get into the start menu is missing a master to a plugin... If ENB fails to load it simply doesnt work... ENB wont crash your game.

check yoru mods with BOSS / NMM and make sure none of them are missing a master... Make sure if you use any form of SkyProc (eg. ReProccer) you have ran it, since Project ENB adds a few plugins your load order has changed. Also make sure that if you use Project ENB + a lighting mods like ELFX or RLO that you have no installed the additional mods that come with it (Alvor's home, Dynamic shadows and Further Darken Dungeons for ENB) Fixed Eye Adaptation is fine but it must be loaded before any lighting mod you might have or it will conflict.

Double checked with BOSS, cleaned everything with TES5Edit, manually moved plugins for best compatability, no SkyProc (never heard of it, do I need it?), and I'm not using any lighting mods (unless better torches and COT darkness selections count).

Also, HiAlgo removes a couple of files (when the .bat is used) which may still be required for Skyrim to run properly. I don't recall which files these are and I'm away from my computer now (typing via ps3) but I recall HiAlgo giving a warning about these files - so perhaps temporarily install HiAlgo again and replace the files once you know what they are.

I didn't see your post earlier, I actually tried the enb and Hialgo mixed d3d9.dll and messed with the .ini's a bit a few minutes ago, but when I started up skyrim neither's notification appeared.

And it still crashed, but I'm still trying out adding hialgo files back in.

Edited by Tayot84

You sure you dont have mods that depend on other applications which might not have a plugin but may need to be updated / rerun?

SKSE, SkyUI, FNIS to name a few...

Other than that....

- Make sure you've read ENB compatibility (hope you did?) - eg. It's incompatible with MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner Beta version is compatible when you do not install the OSD.

- Try d3d9.dll injector

Prod80, you saved the day, it was that 1% dumb mistake.

Wanna know which one? I set up my EVGA Precision to start up every time I restart my computer. When I was installing enb I turned it off, but afterwards I restarted my computer for a fresh system and it turned back on. Your post reminded me of that, thank you.

I'm sorry for accusing Hialgo and if anyone reads this post becuase they think have a problem with enb or hialgo, you might want to check if your video driver is still on.

I'm such a dumbass.

• 1 month later...