Call of Duty Blacks Ops 2 PC questions

JediMasterChief2

Hey. Recently, I played Black Ops 2 with my cousins on the Xbox 360, and I have a few questions before I decide to buy it on the PC. One, does the PC version have offline LAN (the original Black Ops didn't, so, that is why I am lerie of buying this one. Skipped MW3). Two, if so, can bots be played offline? Three, if playing offline, will all weapons be unlocked from the start. Any answers will be appriciated.

Don't know if it's got LAN, yes there ARE bots but the AI design comes from the Quake 2 era, and yes, everything is unlocked. I don't recomend it though, the bots ARE better than the online community, but that A doesn't say much and B they still can't shoot properly-you'll see a LOT of them simply shooting beside/above you. On the rare cases of them working correctly they shoot through walls instead, or randomly just crash and become immobile.

I would strong warn you to avoid CoD right now. Any story you've ever heard about the community is true, on PC right now it's probably got the worst community of any game I've ever played. The problem is the shear childishness of the players. When they lose, they get extremely angry and lash out at everyone around them, usually their teammates. Ragequitting is rampant, and almost any playstyle or gear loadout that differs from cookiecutter will result in you being kicked off a server. It's almost completely unplayable.

Edited by Vindekarr

I bought MW3 and Black Ops 2 both at once on Steam. Big mistake.

MW3 just completely sucks, and Black Ops 2 is only a little better.

I'll check to see if Black Ops 2 has LAN for you though. I haven't liked any CoD game, so it's not like Black Ops 2 is objectively any worse than the previous ones.

Edited by Rennn

Okay, I checked.

I honestly can't tell if there's a LAN option. I couldn't find any option for it when I hosted a match, but I have no way to know if a private match would automatically be visible to LAN.

I can confirm that you can definitely add bots to private matches. When you host a private match, it looks like all the weapons are unlocked from the start as well.

I haven't had serious problems with the community, by the way. There's usually some 10 year old screaming about all the virgins he's ravaged each time he dies, but most people seem pretty stable. Mute the obnoxious ones and it shouldn't be too bad.

Edited by Rennn

Okay, I checked.

I honestly can't tell if there's a LAN option. I couldn't find any option for it when I hosted a match, but I have no way to know if a private match would automatically be visible to LAN.

I can confirm that you can definitely add bots to private matches. When you host a private match, it looks like all the weapons are unlocked from the start as well.

I haven't had serious problems with the community, by the way. There's usually some 10 year old screaming about all the virgins he's ravaged each time he dies, but most people seem pretty stable. Mute the obnoxious ones and it shouldn't be too bad.

Alright, thank you for checking that. Well, can a private match be hosted offfline? I use LAN for most games because it allows me to play offline. In CoD 4 and W@W, I play offline with the PeZBOTS mod. I liked Black Ops II's customization, but, it is not worth driving our internet cost through the roof (we have a 25gb limit per month through a local provider), so, being able to play with bots offline would be great.

Edited by austen1000

ive played on PS3 (only for a few hours) and i just mute everyone except the friends im playing with lol. i swear, and this may be very stereotypical, but everyone who plays on PS3 is an unintelligent black person. they all have horrible slang English, and cannot speak for crap.

ive played on PS3 (only for a few hours) and i just mute everyone except the friends im playing with lol. i swear, and this may be very stereotypical, but everyone who plays on PS3 is an unintelligent black person. they all have horrible slang English, and cannot speak for crap.

I don't plan on playing online. I just want to play offline with bots. Thats what I do with every multiplayer game I have, if at all possible. If Black Ops II on the PC requires an internet connection to play multiplayer, even if playing alone, then I'll just skip on it.

That was pretty much my experience on the PS3 as well, but I don't know if most of the people shouting nonsense were actually black, or just idiotic white people feigning terrible slang and having mouth diarrhea. Either way, the race isn't a big concern. PC hasn't been so bad. Like I said, it's mostly just the occasional 10 year old screaming at you.

Anyway, I don't know for sure if this means that you *have* to be online, but in order to even get to the options to host a match, it requires you to "Connect to the Online Service". This seems to imply that being truly offline is not possible. I don't know if there's some way to disable that and just have a solo match, however.

Edited by Rennn

That was pretty much my experience on the PS3 as well, but I don't know if most of the people shouting nonsense were actually black, or just idiotic white people feigning terrible slang and having mouth diarrhea. Either way, the race isn't a big concern. PC hasn't been so bad. Like I said, it's mostly just the occasional 10 year old screaming at you.

Anyway, I don't know for sure if this means that you *have* to be online, but in order to even get to the options to host a match, it requires you to "Connect to the Online Service". This seems to imply that being truly offline is not possible. I don't know if there's some way to disable that and just have a solo match, however.

Well, that was pretty much what Black Ops PC did. Thank you so much for your help. I'll just stick to Call of Duty 4/W@W with PeZBOTS (which, for bots that run on CoD's limited script engine in Multiplayer, are more advanced than the orginal Black Ops and, to a lesser extent, Black Ops II). Besides, I have conversion mods for both of those games (a Star Wars conversion, which has official PeZBOT support, and a Vietnam conversion for W@W, which has PeZBOTS built-in to the latest version). I might even check out Call of Duty 2 for PC (which I only played on Xbox 360, back when I was a console gamer) and the original Call of Duty.

• 4 weeks later...