Performance-Based ENB?

AlduinWorldEater

Would this be the notebook here?

If so it doesn't appear to have a dedicated graphics card. This means that you most likely have either intel 3000 or 4000 intergrated graphics - probably not the best if you want to run an ENB.

That's it spec-for-spec, save for the OS, which I have to assume was upgraded on the tail-end of Windows 7's lifespan.

Yeah, I've pretty much figured out that I'm not going to be able to really enhance the graphics any further. At this point, I just want to maximise my poor little computer's performance as much as possible.

You'd be better off getting Realistic Lighting Overhaul and then creating your own imagespace modifier in the CK.

That's what I did, and my Skyrim looks much better than most of the ENBs that are kicking around. No performance loss, either.

;D

To be honest it's like a fine art to get it right and wouldn't recommend without some sort of modding experience. I would go through the guide I referenced first (yes it's lengthy but a little education and customization goes a long way) then have a go at the less demanding ENB mods.

EDIT: If you use ati rather than nvidia drivers expect pain when using enb, they are so not made for them!

Edited by Ironman5000

Would this be the notebook here?

If so it doesn't appear to have a dedicated graphics card. This means that you most likely have either intel 3000 or 4000 intergrated graphics - probably not the best if you want to run an ENB.

That's it spec-for-spec, save for the OS, which I have to assume was upgraded on the tail-end of Windows 7's lifespan.

Yeah, I've pretty much figured out that I'm not going to be able to really enhance the graphics any further. At this point, I just want to maximise my poor little computer's performance as much as possible.

You'd be better off using other graphics mods than ENB, considering even setting bfloatpointrendertarget=1 in your Skyrimprefs.ini has a noticeable performance drop on weak PCs. Shameless self promotion:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17984/?

Edited by Rennn