ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Importing from MO2 that is NOT is AppData?

AyamePasse

They said the problem was it was looking for MO2 in AppData. I cannot imagine anyone installing MO2 to AppData.

While the MO2-executable as default installs to c:\modding\mo2, if you create a global MO2-instance this as default uses %localappdata% for storing downloads, mods, profiles etc. for this instance.

Okay, now, everyone, everything is okay, lol. I wager it was missed, but I said a few replies ago that I did get Vortex to recognize the correct folder by copying the ModOrganizer.ini file from MO2's default AppData location to my specified location. :wink: But I appreciate all the help!

Unfortunately Vortex failed to import over 3/5ths of all my mods, so I don't even want to mess with it anymore. I'm instead trying other games until one of them ALSO provokes whatever is causing these BSODs to trigger another one. I also rolled back to my first Nvidia driver (and playing Skyrim with it now and then, as I can't seem to stay away :P), since I wasn't having any BSODs until a month or so ago. Fingers crossed!

Edited by AyamePasse

run prime95 test for half an hour. if you see overheating or aborted threads or bsod you found the reason for your instabilies. and it is probably your ram or overheat. also drivers and hardisk can contribute to this kind of instabilty. a bsod includes some code(error message with a row of numbers). try to make a screenshot (even with mobile phone cam) and decrypt the code with google. it is a good hint to find the reason.

run prime95 test for half an hour. if you see aborted threads you found the reason for your instabilies. and it is probably your ram. in same case drivers and hardisk can contribute to this kind of instabilty. a bsod inludes some code(error message). try to decrypt the code with google. it is a good hint to find the reason.

Actually, the 'code' I got was pretty straightforward as far as decrypting it: WHEA Uncorrectable Error. -_- I'll look into Prime95. Thanks. :)

bsod error code looks like this: BSOD error code 0x00000009. the number with the x shows the reason. it sometimes help to track the reason (hw or driver)

I don't know. The blue screen itself said "Stop code: WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR" There was nothing that had any combination of numbers.

Edited by AyamePasse

Guest deleted34304850

first hit on google

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=stop+code+whea+error

its hardware related. nothing messing around with vortex will solve.

bit more on how to fix it from microsoft's site

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-fix-whea-uncorrectable-error-7c49d78a-2792-96cf-2268-abbe9d9eb29f

if i were you - i would reset my windows back to default - this should remove any applications you've installed including your mod manager, games and so on - so make sure you have backed everything up.

then once it's restarted, connect to your network and do nothing but download updates.

first i'd download all the windows updates

then i'd go to your oem website and pull down driver updates for everything

then i'd head to your gpu manufacturer site and pull down all the updates for that

this will take you a fair while.

lastly i'd pull down the latest bios and install that.

and here's the important thing - when you're doing all these updates - don't touch the computer at all - let it do its thing. if it asks you to restart - restart it - don't try to hurry it along - don't try to do multiple updates - just let it run until everything is updated. may take you the whole day to do it - but do it anyway.

then, once its done, reboot it again - then once you are happy that your system is 100% up to date - i'd run diagnostics on everything.

only after you've done this should you go and install anything else.

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

first hit on google

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=stop+code+whea+error

its hardware related. nothing messing around with vortex will solve.

bit more on how to fix it from microsoft's site

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-fix-whea-uncorrectable-error-7c49d78a-2792-96cf-2268-abbe9d9eb29f

if i were you - i would reset my windows back to default - this should remove any applications you've installed including your mod manager, games and so on - so make sure you have backed everything up.

then once it's restarted, connect to your network and do nothing but download updates.

first i'd download all the windows updates

then i'd go to your oem website and pull down driver updates for everything

then i'd head to your gpu manufacturer site and pull down all the updates for that

this will take you a fair while.

lastly i'd pull down the latest bios and install that.

and here's the important thing - when you're doing all these updates - don't touch the computer at all - let it do its thing. if it asks you to restart - restart it - don't try to hurry it along - don't try to do multiple updates - just let it run until everything is updated. may take you the whole day to do it - but do it anyway.

then, once its done, reboot it again - then once you are happy that your system is 100% up to date - i'd run diagnostics on everything.

only after you've done this should you go and install anything else.

Oh believe me, I know full well its hardware, I'm just having a hard time convincing THEM that it is. But I'm REALLY not comfortable messing with things like the BIOS. I have NO IDEA what I'm doing when it comes to such things, and software is NOT supported by my service plan. So if I screw something up, I just have to deal with it myself. I'd rather leave it to the professionals, I just need to CONVINCE them that its hardware first.

Guest deleted34304850

they are very far from professional.

its your call, but thats your solution. everything else is wasting your time.

they are very far from professional.

its your call, but thats your solution. everything else is wasting your time.

They may not be professional in the way they do business, but they still know a lot more about updating BIOS without destroying the system than I do. :sweat: AND, if they DO destroy my system, whether software is supported or not, they're required to fix their mistake. If I destroy my system, on the other hand, they'll tell me I'm outta luck.