[RELz] Another Sleep Mod

Pevey

Another Sleep Mod has been released!

What does this mod do?
A: This mod causes your character to play the default sleep animations in Skyrim for going to bed and waking up (just like NPCs).

Why another sleep mod?
A: There are a couple of sleep mods already available on the Nexus, but this one works a bit differently. Both of those earlier mods made great strides, and they work well for many users. However, some users (including me) have had trouble with them. This mod takes a slightly different approach, and in my experience so far, it works more reliably. It also has a low script load.

How do I use this mod in-game?
A: Just press the activate button ("e" by default) to use a bed as you normally would. Press the same button to get up.

Will I get the notorious Eyes-Stuck-Shut Bug with this mod?
A: No, this mod handles opening the player's eyes when getting out of bed SO LONG AS YOU HAVE SKSE installed.

How do I install?
A: Install with NMM or unzip the archive and manually place the two files in your Data folder.

Where should I put this in my load order?
A: It really doesn't matter. Just leave it wherever NMM installs it.

Are any DLC required?
A: No, they are not required, but all of the DLC are supported if you do have them.

How do I uninstall?
A: Unlike other sleep mods so far, this mod can be uninstalled without causing beds to be unusable. Simply go to a cell without any beds, save, and then deactivate the mod.

Why not more options, for auto-removing clothes, etc?
A: I may add those sorts of things eventually, but probably not. That said, this mod is available for others to modify and build upon (under Creative Commons-Non-Commercial-Share Alike license), so other mod authors (including the authors of the currently-available bed mods) are free to build upon this framework if they choose.

Will this mod work if I already have beds that are corrupted/unusable from other mods?
A: Yes, and this mod will make those beds usable again.

Whoa, explain that last part again? Does that mean I can use this mod to fix beds made unusable by other mods?
A: Yes. Even if you no longer want any sleep animations, you can use this mod temporarily to fix unusable beds, which cannot be fixed by the Skyrim Save Cleaner or SKSE's ClearInvalidRegistrations() feature. First, make sure the other mod is completely uninstalled, with no loose scripts left over. Next, install this mod. Next, load your game, visit all cells with unusable beds, then go to a cell with no beds, and then save. If you wish, you can then safely uninstall this mod, and those beds will be returned to their default Skyrim functionality.

For mod authors:
Your mod will automatically be compatible so long as any bed or coffin in your mod uses a base form that is from the vanilla game, Dawnguard, Hearthfire, or Dragonborn. The only real reason to create a brand new base form is if you have a custom .nif or texture set. If you aren't sure what this means, feel free to PM me. Also, if your mod does have custom beds or coffins with new base forms that you want to be auto-magically compatible with this mod, just PM me.

- Brodual for the video
- Chesko for his mods and for always including his source scripts. I used his compatibility method to detect and adapt to the DLC.
- Bethesda, of course. It takes a strong focus on the user and a rare lack of ego to let us mod their games so freely.

• 10 months later...

im having a problem, its with the dragonborn beds, i click e, and the character doesn't move, and is then stuck and can no longer move until you reload. i have immersive first person view installed, could that be the incompatibility? also its only the dragonborn beds.