Getting meshes with collision into game without 3DS Max 2013?

...but besides that, there is a workaround by using existing collisions from other objects. You can put as many different collisions together as you need to 'model' it to fit your object.

It should be noted there are different types of collision objects. As you can see with different colors in CK's object preview window (F4 = toggle collision). Regular collisions will not move in-game, it needs to be an 'animated' type.

If it shows up red inside the preview, it will NOT move in-game (note: it will move inside CK preview! so don't be fooled, it doesn't work) it needs to be a pink colored collision to actually move in-game.

A distinction you can't change, afaik. It seems to be locked away inside the binary collision data. (but correct me if I'm wrong)

I don't need anything to move, I just want static collision so you can't walk through it.

Also I want to be clear, If I can't buy it, I'm not getting it.

Which is part of my frustration with bethesda, how can you say you are making something modder friendly and then make it almost impossible to get meshes into the game without a program no one can get anymore?

The option to buy is still there. It's Autodesk where talking about. I know how they work. (but more with AutoCAD)

The question is of course, as it doesn't come cheap are you willing and able to buy? (I know I'm not, so I'm sticking to Blender)

Just look for something similar in size & shape, or a few to use together and use nifskope to copy the collisions to your own nif, do the puzzling with positions and you should be fine.

Apparently you can "rent" a license for previous versions if you pay for a current subscription. There are no more sales of perpetual licenses since 2016.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/is-there-any-way-to-legitimately-buy-older-versions-of-3ds-max/td-p/7594860

Like I said before, need to find that holy grail copy floating in a thrift shop with a license key.

Edited by joshua121

In the autodesk forums there's a response from a technical support guy who shared a direct link to download the right version of 3ds max. The message is from 2015 but the link is still working. It is 100% legit. You'll getting a 30 day evaluation unless you can register it.

https://forums.autod...bt/td-p/5557230

Thank you for this. At least I'll have 30 days to get my models into game.

*edit* Hate I grab the wrong quote

Edited by joshua121

if necessary, I can throw off the hacked 3d max 2013. I have been working for half a year with it and with the official plugins. No problem. Bethesda has left people with no alternative. Everyone will have to use pirate max 2013, or pirate hkt2014 anyway. Unfortunately, the creation of 3D content and animations for fo4 is impossible without piracy.