Computer is doing some weird stuff.

Don't know if you've solved this, but have you tried using your mouse with different ports?

I'd test the mouse on a different system just to confirm whether or not it's the source of the issue.

If the problem persists, I'd try uninstalling the mouse from Windows and forcing windows to re-install it upon re-start.

I'd look into any BIOS updates for your board too. It could be a issue with the ports that may be fixed with an update.

There's a big topic I found at Microsoft that describes pretty well what you're describing, but I didn't see any certain fixes. You might notice something there that stands out to you there and points you in the right direction if nothing else works. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/9075972d-21e0-4040-9c5d-48d3c2deda7c/mouse-deselects-active-window-wont-respond-until-ctrl-alt-del

Hope it helps.

i solved it. actually i could have gotten a replacement mouse, as its covered by warranty. but i moved the mouse to a different port, and everything has been fine since. lol god damn simple solutions.