dropping dead!

Oyster

My L16 Breton doing the main quest has succeeded in breaking Mehra out of the Ministry of Truth, and arriving in Ebonheart via a Scroll of Divine Intervention. At this point , no matter if he wanders out of town to rest (another minor glitch prevents his sleeping in towns, even in his own guilds), or persuades Blatta Hathera to transport him to Holamayn, the screen goes black, the blue "Loading" marker appears and clears, and the character appears for about a second before letting out a yelp and collapsing dead, his life line as empty as sin. If you're playing full-body, it's entertaining to watch him stand perfectly normally for a moment until his legs fly out from under him and he drops with a grunt. Unfortunately, it's a terminal error, and the game is finished for me unless you all have a solution.

O.

Hmm try using the console before you ask for a teleport or whatever. The button to activate it is ~ on american keyboards and ` on UK keyboards, just in case you didn't know. Enter TGM in it and hit enter. This will activate god mode. Now just make the glitch happen and it shouldn't kill you. Then just shut TGM off by entering it again. Hopefully that'll fix it :P

And if you're on XBox, no there's no solution besides switching to an earlier savegame or starting a new game I'm afraid.

Alas, no joy. Even with God mode toggled, the char is as dead as a doornail. Great idea though: much obliged.

But think about the console again; is there a way to move a character to the monastery at Holamayn vis a console command?

What finally worked:

I had a saved game with my char standing before the door into large room containing the cells within the Ministry of Truth. I walked in, levitated over the heads of the guards and set down in front of Mehra's cell. Used a scroll ("unhinging") to open the door, and did business with Mehra. (Incidentally, she won't deal with you if you kill a jail guard on your way to rescue her!) This time, however, I used Almsivi Intervention instead of Divine, and wound up in Vivec. Walked to Ebonheart, spoke to Blatta, and got transported to the hidden monastery without trouble. It went well from there on.

O.

Archived