Steam Summer Sale

hoofhearted4

I bought Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition, but I'm not going to play it until I get a gamepad or something and also those mod fixes. First time playing it: will I fail epically? That is the question.

Once patched and reconfigured, the keyboard controls aren't that bad really. I think the only thing that remains overly cumbersome is jumping and camera controls. I still play better with keyboard and mouse than I do with any sort of gamepad simply because I havn't used a gamepad for any significant length of time for the last several years.

As for failing epically... everyone does at first. Took me somewhere around 10 attempts just for the first boss. I would however suggest saving any humanity or soul items you get till you're further than undead burg just because there may still be a few twinked out lowbies in that area who will just gank you. Would also suggest getting the key as your starting item or picking rogue as a class since the items hidden behind those doors can help out immensely at low levels.

The problem with Rogue Legacy is that the dungeons are short and there are only 5 bosses, so after about the 3rd or 4th time through you're essentially doing little else other than unlocking new abilities for those areas you've already conquered. It's a short game that is only drawn out longer by means of a few dozen unlockables. After 8 hours there isn't much left to do other than just unlock everything for the sake of completion.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your money is no good there, Jim!! Take your free stuff and go!

Congrats to you for telling them. Many folks would not have. You are a good egg.

I got Borderlands2

and the DLCs to Dishonored that was a gift for me back when I wasn't feeling so good. I am so happy that people are nice.

Your money is no good there, Jim!! Take your free stuff and go!

Congrats to you for telling them. Many folks would not have. You are a good egg.

I got Borderlands2

and the DLCs to Dishonored that was a gift for me back when I wasn't feeling so good. I am so happy that people are nice.

I just got a useless automated reply, I've explained it one last time in a reply to that, if they don't want to fix it then there's not much I can do, I have tried to pay them but if they don't want paying then fine, I'll keep my freebie.

Just pretend it never happened and move along :whistling: , you have been chosen wise one from that never happens to everyone. You have been granted a gift, use it wisely.

Wife slapped me for buying so many games the last two days. Ain't gonna stop me, I'm pratically on a shopping spree..... damn, I sound like my woman right now.

GAASSPP, tell her its for the greater good..

if that doesn't work use steam cards from your local eb games or gamestop. :blink: