KUDOS Adding?

SnQQpyDog

I don't think you can give Kudos via forums.nexusmods. If you go to their forum profile and click on 'Nexus Profile' below their overview it will take you to their skyrim nexus profile page where there's a big 'Give Kudos' button at the top right.

I don't think you can give Kudos via forums.nexusmods. If you go to their forum profile and click on 'Nexus Profile' below their overview it will take you to their skyrim nexus profile page where there's a big 'Give Kudos' button at the top right.

Well Kudos to you bro :biggrin:

Someone provided very useful in-depth assistance completely selflessly and I simply wanted to give Kudos to him in the forums. Its strange that this feature is hidden away like that but thanks to you I found it.

It should really be available in the forums though because that's where I find it most warranted! :wink:

Unfortunately, giving kudos from the forums has been removed after the last forum upgrade. It was there before, under the avatar picture there was a number of kudos a user has and a [+] sign you could use to give him kudos. Now it's gone along with being able to choose a particular Nexus sites profile from the user page, setting a number of posts per page (I preferred 40 over 10), number of threads per page, separate forum/sites avatar, a drop-down menu with a list of sites in the upper right corner, etc.

Even I, and I've been here for 2 and a half years, have a problem with finding certain site functions since the change, it all became better looking but less effective, I don't like that. I just hope forums won't change again soon, then I'd be completely lost in here.

These features were not taken away by TheNexus, but by a major update to the IPB forums software that we use. The update addressed some security and other issues that made it a must install update.

• 7 months later...

I have a question. What is Kudos exactly?

Kudos (from the Ancient Greek: κῦδος) is acclaim or praise for exceptional achievement.

On the interwebz generally, a way of publically recognizing individuals who have contributed to the community in some way.

On the Nexus specifically, kudos are "anonymous" by-design. The recipient never knows who awarded them or why. Any member can give any other member kudos, but can give them only once to that individual.

• 1 year later...

Bit of a necro-bump, but how does one find someone's nexus profile page? I don't see any link to that on the forum profile. I've been able to give a couple kudos by finding someone's profile through a file search by author name but, obviously, this doesn't work if the member hasn't uploaded any files. Can't shake the feeling I'm missing the obvious but, yeah, just wondering.

@kevkiev; Click on the member's avatar picture, then click on the "Nexus Profile" link at the bottom of the left-side list of options under the avatar on the new page.

"Kudos" appears as a button at the top-right on the "Nexus Profile" page. (You have 63 at the moment. :thumbsup: )