Skyrim V SKSE not working?

adriane13

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all. I am having an issue. I get some error "Application is unable to start" the 0000142 one. Now, this isn't limited to SKSE, but I have had no luck anywhere else. There are only 3 things so far that are effected. Chrome, Nvidia geforce experience, and SkSE. I can see no connection between the 3 of them other than the obvious, somthing graphical, but that hasn't helped me solve this issue. Anyone have any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

When i launch the game it start for awhile then just stops

You probably have a bad mod. Go to NMM, Disable all active mods, Then one by one enable your mods, thats what I do when my game stops working and it usually works. i saw that nobody responded to you so i took the liberty of doing it myself, hope i helped you.

Thanks for your post this worked for me. Now I just have figure out which Mod or combination of Mods caused the problem

Hey there got a Problem when i try Lunching Skyrim with SKSE loader this happens....

"Couldn't find TES_.exe. You have customized the runtime name via SKSE's ini file, and that filde does not exist. This can usually be fixed by removing the RuntimeName line from the .ini file.)"

I don't know what to do and where this .inifile even is couldn't find it anywhere please help

Edited by Zohan987a

Do not use SkyrimLauncher.exe if you have skse

Go to http://skse.silverlock.org/ and download the 7z archive(not the damn installer), copy the Data and all the other files (with the expection of the "SRC" folder we dont need that one) to your Skyrim directory where the TESV.exe is located.

For NMM:

Click that arrow next to the Skyrim Launcher when you open NMM and point it to skse.exe

For MO:

Click the arrow next to the Huge "RUN" button and select SKSE after that press the RUN button.

Hey there got a Problem when i try Lunching Skyrim with SKSE loader this happens....

"Couldn't find TES_.exe. You have customized the runtime name via SKSE's ini file, and that filde does not exist. This can usually be fixed by removing the RuntimeName line from the .ini file.)"

I don't know what to do and where this .inifile even is couldn't find it anywhere please help

The SKSE.ini file will be in the Skyrim\Data\SKSE file if it exists.

Do not use SkyrimLauncher.exe if you have skse

Darkarhon that is true, but not everyone uses either NMM or MO.

The way to start the game for everyone else is simply to run skse_loader.exe. (And some people have to run skse_loader with administrator privileges.)

The way to start the game for everyone else is simply to run skse_loader.exe. (And some people have to run skse_loader with administrator privileges.)

Or do use the "damn installer" and let it create a shortcut on your desktop and pin it to your taskbar. One click and away it goes... (admin privileges are needed if Steam is installed to Program Files and UAC is on. Usually.)

• 7 months later...