Skyrim V SKSE not working?

adriane13

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if what I did will help everyone. In my case, I went into skyrim. Resumed from where I left off, and a message popped up, saying that SKSE is not running properly, and saying that Sky UI will not work.

Just to be clear, I made it past the first loading screen. This is what I did. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim.

After you enter the skyrim folder, click on skse_loader.A small black box will appear int he top right corner for half a second, and then Skyrim will launch. This worked for me, and SKSE did not have a problem. I created a shortcut for it, and although I am not properly opening skyrim, it worked for me. Hopefully this might help you too.

I'm not sure if what I did will help everyone. In my case, I went into skyrim. Resumed from where I left off, and a message popped up, saying that SKSE is not running properly, and saying that Sky UI will not work.

Just to be clear, I made it past the first loading screen. This is what I did. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim.

After you enter the skyrim folder, click on skse_loader.A small black box will appear int he top right corner for half a second, and then Skyrim will launch. This worked for me, and SKSE did not have a problem. I created a shortcut for it, and although I am not properly opening skyrim, it worked for me. Hopefully this might help you too.

Congrats on responding to a thread started like 3 years ago lol.

and a simple good or youtube search will give TONS of info on properly installing SKSE. if it doesnt work 99.9% of the time its because it wasnt installed correctly or there is some firewall issue.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I know this thread is pretty old, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who still struggles with SKSE not working properly.

I have read this thread thorough and searched helplessly across the internet as to what could be the case for SKSE not working properly.

When I was about to give up, I have found the answer:

Just edit your Skyrim.ini

There should be a line which says bInvalidateOlderFiles=0

Edit that value to 1: bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

Skyrim.ini is located in your my documents/my games folder.

NOT in your skyrim installation folder.

Hope this helps someone out in a future.

Actually there shouldn't be a bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 line in your Skyrim.ini file. Either you added that by following advice from someone who didn't know what they were doing or you're using Mod Organizer. If you're using Mod Organizer you really need to read all of its documentation about BSA and resource management or you'll run into more problems than SKSE not running correctly.

Actually there shouldn't be a bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 line in your Skyrim.ini file. Either you added that by following advice from someone who didn't know what they were doing or you're using Mod Organizer. If you're using Mod Organizer you really need to read all of its documentation about BSA and resource management or you'll run into more problems than SKSE not running correctly.

Actually I don't recall ever editing that line myself, and Im using NMM and TES5Edit only.

But whatever.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Having a wierd problem and im getting tired of reading at page 6, so ill just ask. skse is installed correctly, and everything works well. EXCEPT that the mods that require skse dont actually work. skse is running and everything. but the mods just dont work. i use nmm if it helps. Please assist