Respawn Dungeons by console command

Platton

Hi,

there is a console command for respawning the NPCs in dungeons but i forgott which one it was. People used this often during this Silver Hand quest, when all Silver Hands got killed before by the player and then he needs to reset the dungeon.

Does someone can help me with that? I forgott how it gets done.

And if i google there are just Topics where people give one dumb false advise after the other.

thank you so far.

You can use the "set time scale to X" command to make the time pass faster (20 is default, 0 is realtime)
Then you have to wait:

• 10 days (240 hours) of in-game time. This is the default time period used before a dungeon or any other game location respawns.
  • 30 days (720 hours) of in-game time. This is the time period used if a dungeon has been cleared.

Here it is, from UESPWiki:

resetinterior <cellid>

Reset an entire cell.
This command will reset an entire dungeon or location to default, including monsters, traps, chests and loot. E.g., ResetInterior Stillborncave01 or ResetInterior 00015206 would reset the dungeon Stillborn Cave to default; all monsters, traps, and loot would be respawned. If you reset a cell you have just been to, you'll need to use pcb command (purge cell buffer) as well, or the game will reload the buffered version of the cell, with all the modifications you've made to it. Both editorID and formID are acceptable in this command.

I think that's it. My google search was: "dungeon reset skyrim" it was the third entry.

Edited by SooperWood

I'd advise going to the Wiki and typing in console commands in the search engine. There's a large article with the various console commands available in Skyrim (there are articles for the other games too); just select "Skyrim: Console" from the resulting list.

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

For anyone who is still playing as 2015 is approaching: The glitch/bug is caused by the fact that as of right now, Skyrim can't handle when you clear your objective before actually getting the quest(yes, even if it was another radiant quest that gave you the location, that's how it works). So what you should do is make a save right before Farkas leads you to the place where the "whelps sleep" and when he tries to give you the quest, don't ask him "what kind of trouble you should expect." Only thing left is to accept for example one of Aela's quest. The only important thing is that it should be someplace you didn't clear yet!

Hope this helps anybody who has this issue with the quest. Cheers and have fun!

EDIT: I should go the post I wanna post in before replying xD

Edited by Jakobiczjacko